A new slogan for SigSauer

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Helix_FR, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

"Beyond its service life" is what I have been told a few times regarding the 226 line. So the self proclaimed premier LE and Military global leader in firearms just dated there own firearms. Might as well say on the box "Sig, don't expect it to last a lifetime." The rails are split on the frame and Sigs best answer to date so far is "beyond its service life". Makes ya want to trust your life to one don't it? Maybe they ought to look at a 1911 and take notes.
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

wow thats something i wouldn't expect from sig sauer. they make a quality product or at least used too. i have a mid 80's made p225 that keeps on ticking i wonder if the ones ( older models ) made in west germany are better built than the newer ones ? very disappointing to hear this
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

They have become very arrogant over the years. Once the got the Mil and LEO contracts they treat the private customers like a nuisance. The range I work with dropped the entire sig line bc they got tired of Sig being arrogant and treating people like crap. Plus they were backordered on special orders by 6 months and then charge a restocking fee when the customer no longer wanted it bc it was 6 months later.
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

truely very sad to hear this. sig was at once time a pleasure to work with and the quality of the guns was top rate.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Had (the key word is HAD) a 238. Good little shooter except that last round would never extract. Follower issue but it would break the extractor in the process. Sent to sig, they sent back with new extractor, same problem. Called again, guy was all put out bc they already serviced it. I ask him for just the extractor, thats all I needed and I would chase the problem down myself. He said that would void any warranty. Well they weren't doing much about it either, I told him I would take my chances and just send me a extractor. Well that was a big much to do and they finally caved and did it 2 weeks later. I dropped in the new extractor and sold it.
    The CSR guy this morning was cool and I told him about my issues with the 226. Then he put me on hold and must have read the diagnosis and that part about being demeaning when giving me a reason bc when he got back on the phone he was a snotty a$#*$(. He told me it was a third hand gun (fancy for used) and that they must have shot +P ammo in it. Well it wasen't a 3rd hand gun, it was a range rental gun and they don't allow +P in their rentals.
    What really steams me is that they won't sell just a frame. He's was like "oh its because it has a serial number". Umm sooo? I have a FFL01 you mean to tell me you wont sell a frame b/c it has numbers on it and you may have to do a little paper work to send it out? I'm trying to give the guy my money and he don't want it. Regardless I'll never buy another Sig nor will I suggest any one else do so.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I never liked sigs anyway. Id buy HK instead. The USP is a much better weapon IMO (comparing apples to apples of course) HK and SIG being similar in appearance and function....