a pistol fit for a President

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by garydude, Oct 14, 2011.

1. garydude

garydude Member

I went to the Ronald Reagan presidential library this last week. If you have the means and an inkling, please do go as it was a very enjoyable experience.

Anyhoo, here's a pic of the SW revolver that was given to him. I have no other information about it other than what's on the placard. Sorry the pic isn't better, but there was no flash photography allowed and it was in a display case.

Attached Files:

2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The Will Rogers Museum in OK City is a really good one too! Thousands of guns!
  3. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I imagine in person it is really beautiful.
  4. garydude

garydude Member

Yes it was. I wish the picture could do it justice. The whole museum was a great tribute to a great man.

What I think is great is that SW thought he would like it. I'm pretty sure they won't be giving one to our current Prez.
  5. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

Haven't seen Will Rogers but I have been to Woolaroc, near Bartlesville and the J.M. Davis museum in Claremore. Woolaroc was the estate of Frank Bartles and has a collection of one of a kind Colt and a large variety of other firearms. J.M.Davis in Claremore is almost exclusively firearms or firearms related with a healthy smattering of other unusual collectibles. They had on disply the worlds largest shoulder firearm. A chinese wall gun almost 8ft long in about a .90 caliber and the worlds smallest working firearm, A Kolibri magazine fed semi-auto in 1mm.
    They have dispalys of the guns of famous outlaws and the lawmen who pursued them. Both are well worth the time if you are in the area.:D :D
  6. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have been to the museum and have seen the pistol,it is a beautiful piece of art.

We have been to a number of presidential library's and the Ronald Reagan has been the best so far. I consider it a must see so put on your bucket list.
  7. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I like that revolver alot Gary, could you get it for me please??:D
  8. garydude

garydude Member

Not without doing serious time in a penitentiary. Very good security (thankfully).

What struck me most was the tour of his Air Force One- no real frills for the President. He had a couch that could lay down to make a bed (ala RV or camper) and a few desks but that was about it. No shower, tub etc. Unlike today's Air Force One-very big and luxurious for the current politicians in office. Kinda like how government has evolved. Bigger and better for those in power.
  9. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Do ya think any gun manufacturer would do that for are now sitting president.:) Great looking revolver.
  10. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

President Regan must have appreciated that fine S&W. Who will cob up a water pipe zip gun for "O"?
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We did the whole Will Rogers thing when we were up there last. I'm now thinking about going back! It was a lot of fun, and it takes a couple of days to do the museum, and the Will Rogers home.
  12. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Ronnie used to get rifles,pistols and shotguns from all of the major makers. Lucky man and a great President.