A Really Trivial Question......

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Xracer, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Most of us know that actor Jimmy Stewart was a WWII combat pilot, flying B-24's over Germany, and finally retired as a Brigadier General in the Air Force Reserve.....

But......he also had a "role" in the development of the F-117 Stealth Fighter/Bomber (AKA as the "Wobblin' Gobblin')......what was it?

(This is very trivial) :D
  2. X, if I recall correctly, wasn't the initial stage of development of the F-117 called "Project Harvey" after the 1950 movie entitled "Harvey," staring James Stewart, about an invisible six foot rabbit that could only be seen by one person, Stewart?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2006
  3. Xracer

PS.....you son of a Gun!!!!! I thought I had a real stumper there, and you answer it right out of the box!

I'm gonna go sit in a corner and eat worms!!!! :( :( :(
  4. Didn't mean to steal your thunder, X. :p My mind is a junkyard. I saw that silly movie once, many moons ago, and I remember reading some place that the F-117 development project was named after the rabbit. :D
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

So THAT'S why the goofy radio ads for the Indy 1500 Gun Show always feature a bad impersonation of what I always thought was Don Knotts, but now that you mention it is probably meant to be Jimmy Stewart, talking to "Harv" who never talks....:p

I GET it NOW.....I guess I needed to see the movie....;)
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Dang I thought I was alone:p
  7. Xracer

Well, I guess "History" is just organized Trivia! :D :D :D
  8. Even the largest structures are made up of many small pieces, X, not to mention aircraft and automobiles. :D