A site you need to HIT

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Jun 2, 2010.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Now and often. My Congressman was involved in getting this going.

http://www.americaspeakingout.com/

A place to speak out, offer suggestions and rouse a little rabble.

Pops
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

So as I was scrolling down the list I came across this, "Repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Simple. Let the LGBT community serve in the military."

Would LGBT stand for Little Girl Boy Trannies?
  3. TinkerDave

TinkerDave New Member

I think it means lesbian, gay, bi & trans.
  4. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Thanks for the link.

On "don't ask/don't tell" I don't see what the issue is. My opinion was always that if the other person in the foxhole with me can pick my wounded body up and carry me to safety, then I could care less what his sexual orientation is. I also don't see the big deal on gay marriage. If they want to get married, and live life like the rest of us, who the hell are we to say no? It is not up to us to cast judgment, and both of these opinions are equal to blacks and females serving in the military and blacks and whites getting married. It is up to God, and only God, to pass judgment on us.

Folks that have a problem with gay people have likely never met any. My wife worked as a floral designer on the side for many years. I met several gay guys over the course of that time. Sure, I was uncomfortable at first about it, but then I realized that they were just dudes. You would have never known they were gay, unless they told you. Most of them weren't even effeminate. On in particular, had been a race car mechanic. Haha...found out that one had a crush on me once. That made me feel very uncomfortable at first, but he was a good guy, so I just rolled with it. I would screw with his head and he would act like a little high school girl..hahah. He knew I was straight and would never switch sides, so the whole thing was just funny. I guess what I'm saying is that gays don't want to join the military to rape you (although it does occasionally happen, but nowhere near as much as male on female military sexual trauma). They simply want to serve their country just like we do.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I don't have any problem with gays until one hits on me and won't take no for an answer. Then I get a bit upset. That is what the problem is. The military rightly doesn't bunk males with females because of the sexual attraction between them. Now, they want to bunk straights with gays, despite the sexual attraction between them.

Pops
  6. navis128

navis128 New Member

God ALREADY judged it declared it an abomination.

They need to come up with another word besides "marriage".

The word is biblical and is the reason why a man leaves his parents.

It makes no logical sense to me for them to want "marriage" when they ridicule and blaspheme.

They also need to get out of my face about it. I'm so tired of airbrushed fairies trying to debate me on fairness and ethical behavior.

I'm sorry that they are one of the many that was born with a genetic disorder, but no matter how much they scream they will never be "normal" and they just need to accept it and get over it.

They also need to think more on the lines of "DADT" is there for their protection, not to marginalize.
  7. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

you get hit on by a lot of gay guys? Seriously wondering.
  8. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

9. navis128

navis128 New Member

Rental - so just because I said God you automatically think I'm a Christian? I would have assumed that if I would have said Jesus or Christ.

Yeah, I left my parents to join the Navy, and since you were in the Army...you should know how your best made plans can change. That was the plan...then, well.

I have no problem with homosexuals having legal rights and I believe they can modify what laws are already on the books to accommodate them. I don't believe homosexuals should be able to adopt and raise children...this is not up for discussion with me.

Humans are not animals!! How CALLOUS! You berate me for my "dogma", but your example you use is totally and completely WRONG!! Culling thins a herd too, but I don't think the progressives (although at first they wanted euthanasia and sterilization) would go for that now. And what about salamanders and frogs?

I do not equate homosexuals with animals of any form! Homosexuality entered the world when sin did...homosexuals cannot help the way they were born and I have no problem respecting them as individuals.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  10. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

I think we're actually on the same page here. The reason I said Christian (which I actually am myself, I just hate to see it pushed as if it is the ONLY religion out there) is that the only spiritual reference that I am aware of that references homosexuality is in the Christian Bible. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist elsewhere, just that I haven't read it personally yet. We are in exact agreement on homosexual adoption. I also do not think that homosexuals are "animals" in the sense of the word that you imply, but we are all animals in reality. What I am saying is that homosexuality MAY be nature's (or God's) way of thinning the population. I don't know for sure, but it is a interesting possibility.
  11. navis128

navis128 New Member

I don't think homosexuality is a tool God would use to control the population since He said go, be fruitful and multiply. Infertility...that I get.

There are two absolutes in our universe...the TRUTH and the LIE

Homosexuality is a LIE
  12. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

How can it be a LIE, if it was spoken of in the TRUTH? The truth is that not everything fits neatly into the babo (any Phil Hendry listeners here?). People who take the fables in the babo and think that they are absolute truth are part of the reason that I can't stand organized religion. I'm just thankful that the road to heaven doesn't lead through a church, because many of them are now nothing more than a den of liars, thieves, and hypocrites.
  13. firelegs22

firelegs22 New Member

ok, let me start by saying i have no problem with lgbt people. now, that being said, i will address the issue that some have with lgbt due to their christian (and i only address that because thats all i know much about) faith. there is word spoken in the bible that the lord has a plan, but gives us a choice as to weather or not we will abide by said plan.:
    Deuteronomy 30, verse 19
    ....I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life...

so, does the bible speak aginst homosexuality? yes
    does the christian god condemn homosexuality? yes
    does the bible give evidence to free will? YES
  14. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

But the Bible is all about forgiveness and not passing judgement either. So this is one of those double edged topics. I dont worry about gays as a whole. Now I will not nor cannot alllow myself to the think however that a transgender can be as effective in the military as the other choices here. I have no problem against trans gender folks but I do have to question the stability of the person.