A snack that I highly recommend

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by 76Highboy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Tonight my wife and I are enjoying cheese and crackers for a snack. We picked them up at CostCo but I am sure they can be found else where. The crackers are LaPanzanella Croccantini Rosamary and the cheese spread is by Boursin. The flavors are garlic & fine herbs, and shallot & chive.

I like Hickory Farms but this combination that we are eating tonight is over the top delicious. The only thing missing here is smoked oysters and dry salami.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I just ate, but the sounds of that is making me hungry again.... I love cheese and smoked oysters.
  3. 76Highboy

I was reloading yesterday and my cat was sitting there watching me. So I had some smoked sardines that I opened to share with him. It ended up that he did not get very many. Man, those things are tasty good.
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Hey Jim, I love cheese and crackers and had to look that up:

[​IMG]
    http://www.boursincheese.com/

They even have a recipe section, not bad.

And I love sardines, NJ not so much. ;)
  5. 76Highboy

I knew you would chime in on this on mjp. I was thinking about you while I was typing it out. I will look at their recipes. Let NJ know that you need to place a big old smelly sardine under her nose while she naps one day. Are you watching the world series?
  6. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah food is appealing again, had a miserable cold since Wednesday.
    Sure test I don't feel good, I:
    1. Don't eat
    2. Don't talk

1&2 I'm really sick!!! Poor NJ, I think she got my cold. :eek:

On sardines NJ will open them but I can have all I want.

And yeah I read this and got hungry, had smoked turkey with swiss and mild/hot banana peppers, plus some mayo and Grey Poupon Dijon mustard.....mmmmm. :)

......oh and I'm watching NCAA & NFL football but will occasionally watch and root for AL DETROIT! (glad they beat the Yank$ 4-0 :) )
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  7. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

We love Boursin cheese spreads for snacks, and it's readily available at a number of places in the Northern Ohio area. I put Boursin cheese spreads out for company, then I lie and say it's my own special blend that I will not share the recipe with anyone...family or otherwise.:rolleyes: Even fooled my nephew who is a culinary school graduate. My wife says I'm an ass, but we already knew that. :eek::D:D Good stuff!
  8. vytoland

vytoland New Member

cheetos are the way to go............
  9. 76Highboy

That's funny Joe.