A SONG FOR THE TROOPS

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by rooter, Nov 9, 2008.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    JUST GOT THIS FROM OUR FRIEND, JEANIE CUNNINGHAM...SHE HAS HER RECORDING STUDIO IN HOLLYWOOD...SHE AND OUR SON JOHNNY LIVED TOGETHER IN THE 8O's.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: rooterjohnw@msn.com
    Subject: We Will Remember
    Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:05:37 -0800

Hi John!

Tuesday is Veteran's Day. This song I wrote back in 2001, "We Will Remember", is a song DEDICATED to our fallen heroes, and those who've sacrificed for our benefit.

I've been meaning to get it "out there" for years, every memorial day, every veterans day...every holiday dedicated to our heroes, but have always put it on the back burner.

This time, I'm going to get it out there...

IF you know of ANY radio station—internet or otherwise—that will be honoring our Veterans, (or who has a flexible enough playlist to be able to add this one in for Veterans day),

please forward the song on. I'd also be happy to send it to any email address as a full wav file for maximum quality...armed forces radio? Or John, maybe you could post it on your site or forward it to your friends who in turn could forward it to someone?

It's frustrating to have something that is actually perfect for the occasion just sitting and collecting dust when it could be doing something more positive: honoring our heroes. As a "military brat",(both of my fathers, [biological and adopted] served in WWII, my adopted father also served in Viet Nam in the Marines, my grandfathers AND my grandmother on my biological side, ALL served our country in the Army), I SO appreciate the efforts of our Veterans. So, I'm getting this song out there!

Lemme know if you have any other suggestions!

Love to you and your family!

j www.jaecie.com

(CLICK ON CARD)

"We're not given dreams without the means to make them come true!"
  2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Until I get some help on this posting, so you can hear the song Jeanie composed for the Vets, I have added her web address so you can listen to some of her other works...The Come As You Are album mentioned therein, Jeanie dedicated to my son Johnny who passed away in 1996...Chief