A Stoopiderist Question.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by RunningOnMT, Jun 9, 2009.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I don't understand how in a state allowing open carry you can be charged with an offense if concealed carrying (with permit) your piece inadvertantly becomes visable either by being uncovered or by imprint.

To the best of my knowledge this can happen in Ohio. Seems to me if you have a concealed carry permit in a state which allows open carry, you have all the bases covered.
  2. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

The problem is, every time we get pro gun laws written in, anti gun garbage is thrown in the process durring the negotiations. The loosing side wont let bill pass unless they "get something". That "something" adds up. What a mess. Cut and dry in politics is a thing of the distant past.
  3. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

Too true, too true.:mad:
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm not sure it ever did exist. Politics is the art of two people co-existing in the same space, cut large. The problem is not so much the compromise necessary to keep all of us from being constantly at each others' throats. It is the corruption that creeps in when one person is recognized as having the power to tell many others what they cannot do. That power is coveted and will corrupt any person whom we elevate by giving that power away.

It is necessary, and natural, in a society larger than two persons to have a structure of powers. Once, that power was given to those who were stronger in physical strength, food gathering ability or charisma. Now, it seems to be based only on charisma, and that means that those with fewer ethics are able to get, and retain, that power over others.

Pistolenshutze the Philosopher can chime in, now. :)

Pops
  5. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

That is exactly what Thucydides tried to explain to the Melians about the Athenians. Right and strength are different things.

The Melians said they were right, even if weaker, thus the Spartans and God would be on their side.

Thucydides said that the Athenians felt like they had God on their side too, the Spartans rarely cared about "right", and the Melians were vastly outnumbered if they chose to fight.

Which the Melians did decide to fight. The Spartans never came. And all the men were killed and the women were made slaves.

We as a free people shouldn't deceive ourselves into thinking being right will help one tiny bit in a struggle for power.

The thing about charismatic law...a law is just an agreement between everyone to abide a rule. If the agreement is broken the law is nothing without force. The liberal is one who thinks he can step outside of the law in a way that he still resides in it, kind of like picking up a turd without getting his fingers dirty.

Anyway, voting for a liberal is premeditated corruption.
  6. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

It's a law I came across many years ago in Arizona.

I was about to visit a bank, and went to give my sidearm to a local colleague. He said no, keep it on, just dont cover it. So there I was in the Stockmans bank with a 1911 in a IWB with two mags on the other side. Visiting a bank while very openly armed? A first for me.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Felt GOOD, didn't it? :D

Pops
  8. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Yes it did. :)

Like the first time I put on armour and yes, that other first time as well!
  9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Wish we could do that here in NC. I have to disarm everytime I walk into the bank:(:mad: Gee, banks in NC are "gun free" zones, I wonder if that has anything to do with the rise in bank robberies around here:rolleyes:
  10. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

Arizona is open carry state, but I have heard that they are really ornery about concealed carry.
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

That's what I was trying to get at in another thread.
    It's ok to open carry here. Folks don't like it so it now it becomes your burden even tho it's your right by law.:rolleyes:
    Seems if others are scared by the openness, it's your fault.
    It's the law, but if someone else feels 'intimidated', you're breaking the law.:confused:
    And if you have a CCW, and print in some manner, you're just as guilty.

Holy Moly!

I don't like bangers.
    I'm afraid of bangers.

Do we just arrest them cuz they look like bangers?

I don't like drunks.
    Do we just arrest them when they walk out of the bar?
    Or do we treat them as we should 'when' they break the law?

I can open carry here.
    It's my right. My state consitutionally granted right.
    Why is it I'm breaking the law when I've not broken the law?

Because someone else is offended by my rights?

I wonder? When will others be arrested/confined/prosecuted because I don't agree with their rights. After all, their rights offend me.:rolleyes:

Or can we just throw individual rights out the door?
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

This is a problem in my state as well. We're not an open-carry state but printing or exposure of a concealed firearm can become a major deal rather quickly. :(

This is my humble recommendation. Carry a weapon that is NOT borderline exposed. Carry a weapon that you'll always carry given the circumstances. For me, this means that I carry a pocket pistol (either .380 or .40) all summer, and revert to .40 or .45 in the winter.

Not everyone can carry a Glock 21 in an IWB holster with full print and not worry about the repercussions involved in such activity.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  13. OBrien

OBrien New Member

I don't know about other people but I can do both. If I choose to carry concealed you will never notice a glock 30 with my IWB holster even in the summer time. I don't tuck my shirt in but I don't wear over sized clothes. I just keep in mind how I move and if my shirt is going to go over top or not.

I think Bobitis put it almost perfect though.
  14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Same here. I carry a P99 in an IWB holster without any printing problems. And I'm only 5'4":eek:
  15. 45nut

45nut New Member

I think (and this gets tedious:D) it has to do with intent. Meaning, if you are carrying concealed, it must stay concealed. For whatever mind numbing bureaucratic brainless reason you must keep it concealed.

If I lived in an open carry state / city, mine would be strapped on for all the world to see.

I carry a Kel-Tec P9 in my strong side pants pocket with a Taurus P140 IWB (RIA .45 Winter) strong side as well. I wear my T-shirts untucked, Hawaiian type shirts untucked and Magellan fishing shirts untucked. In Winter I wear a T-shirt under another untucked shirt. I rarely carry under a jacket with my shirt tucked in because I run kind of hot and don't keep jackets on very long once indoors.

I don't have a hard time staying concealed without printing.
  16. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

It's a lifestyle like anything else. Years ago when I started concealed carry, I was clumsy, and always tried moving a small hammerless around. Then one day............ While shoping , I get knocked to the ground by suprise, Someone seen imprint and called cops. They did'nt know me of coarse, and figured they would ask questions later. needless to say, I was po'd. Actually the crooked cops in my area helped me out by giving advise on holster styles, comfortable cc rigs ect. Now I carry .45 CC kimber, and dont notice it. It has become part of everyday dress. For the beach, parties, and outdoor... in the summer, I hang a small holster with .38 around my neck under Tee shirt with little inconvenience. Practice makes perfect right?