1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

A Story Poem Just For You

Discussion in 'The VMBB Poets' started by Guest, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hope6970
    (6/4/01 10:28:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All A Story Poem Just For You
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Brother or Sister How May I Help You?"

Here is just one of the many stories from a WAC who volunteered for Vietnam. It was in the 1960's when there was a war going on. It was in a land so far away, unknown to us in so many ways.

We took a long flight on the plane, that took us to the land of many tears and pain.

There were all branches of services fighting that war, the Army, the AirForce, the Navy and Marines.
    We were all different in so many ways.

Some had weapons of different kinds and sizes, some had airplanes and choppers that would fly above us, some had ships that cruised the South China Sea and some had bulldozers that could make a road or a fast LZ.

I can remember the faces but not their names, of the people that went on that flight with no name.

Some of us came back and some of us didn't, we live with their memory that lingers within us.

We feel that we cheated them in some way, by coming back home to our friends and family.

But brothers and sisters who went to that war, please do not feel discouraged anymore.

For our friends and loved ones listed on "The Wall", would want us to remember, but not hurt anymore.

They know we remember, they know we recall, the pain and the tears as we all heeded that call. They want us to stop and help one another and not forget the rest of our soldier sisters and brothers.

The day will be coming when we all leave behind, the story of our war that treated us so unkind.

Now that we have this one last chance, let us all fall-in together in our own caring way. Let us say to one another, - Brother or Sister, How May I Help You Today?

Written by Hope, for all my brothers and sisters of the Vietnam war

LarryJK
    Senior Chief Moderator III
    (6/4/01 10:35:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: A Story Poem Just For You
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope...one big hug to you for that!!

oneknight
    (6/4/01 10:43:02 pm)
    Great post Hope! Good Work!

Donna

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/5/01 1:43:08 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: A Story Poem Just For You
    Thumbs up Hope, Thumbs up Kiddo!

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

gorourke
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/5/01 6:57:20 am)
    Hope,

{{{Hugs for you}}} Thanks.

Welcome Home, P. Gary

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (6/5/01 8:42:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Thanks Hope, a most beautiful and meaningful poem.....great job!!

Misterstan
    (6/5/01 9:09:32 am)
    Hope,

Thanks for sharing a truly powerful message with us.

WELCOME HOME, Sister!

Stan Lambert
    St. Clair Shores, Michigan

hope6970
    (6/5/01 10:48:58 am)
    Thank you everyone, I wrote that when we were on the MSNBB and never posted it.

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (6/5/01 10:51:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    And why not????? It was well worth posting!!

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/5/01 1:26:55 pm)
    Beautiful, Hope! You go, Girl!

Sharon

Indybear57
    (6/5/01 1:35:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Great job Hope! Stan, where did you get that outstanding picture? It says it all!

homer4
    (6/5/01 4:30:12 pm)
    Great post Hope! Surprised that you didn't post it back when. The people back there would have enjoyed it as much as we did.

Don't hold back anymore!

Goodun!
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.

low2go
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (6/5/01 6:00:33 pm)
    What did I tell you--? But that's okay Hope--even around here no one listens to me--and I promise to make them money--still won't listen.. That was wonderful--I enjoyed it again. Wilborn

homer4
    (6/5/01 6:57:13 pm)
    Money!...why I'm all ears Chief !

hope6970
    (6/5/01 11:06:37 pm)
    Thank you again everyone! Golly, I even received a new pair of dogtags....lol

Homer, most of the people that were on the MSNBB are here on this board so they didn't miss it.

homer4
    (6/6/01 8:57:02 pm)
    Good deal Hope. Wouldn't want people missing out. Again Goodun!