A strange thing happened at the range today

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by da357mag, Jul 21, 2010.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

Hi all! I decided to take my CZ 452 special shooting today. Got all set up and took aim for my first shot and when I shot a hole appeared an inch and a half to the left of where I was aiming!:eek: Now I have had flyers, but I was shooting SK standard plus, and the rifle shoots very well with it. I have about 1800 rounds down the bore and Ill get a flyer about a half inch out but I have never had anything from this rifle before! The next four were right on the money so I
    knew it wasn't ammo or me, (at least I don't think it was!) so I don't know what caused it. any ideas would be welcome!:D Doug
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Sometimes if you leave oil in the bore from cleaning it will effect the first shot. The solution is to run a clean patch down the bore before the first shot.

LDBennett
  3. Swizzel Stick

Swizzel Stick New Member

Could have nailed the token annoying horsefly that would have been landing on you for the next hour, or the sneaky spider that decided to take up home inside the end of your barrel.

Of course not very likely, but possible.
  4. pawn

pawn Active Member

+1