A Ton of Bricks is About to Fall on Me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRAP55, Jan 13, 2005.

1. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

A Ton of Bricks is About to Fall on Me Update

I spent the night in the agonies of Influenza, but thats not the bad news. I'm supposed to be in the Fresno County Family court today, 200 miles away, to get judgement on final custody for one of my boys. With any luck that should happen without me being there.
    The b-witch is also seeking to up my child support for the other boy. Luck or not, that will happen without me being there. Calif. has a wonderful formula for calculating child support from your income. It basicaly leaves you with a little less than what will cover the bills. With me not being in court, the judge will simply rule in her favor and there's not a damb thing I can do it about it. This will condem me to working 10-14hrs a day to maintain a " just above poverty level" existance for the next three years.
    Our divorce back in '91 left me with a car, most of my clothes, disabled, no job, and no prospect of one being disabled. Two years ago I finally clawed my way back up to where I was before that happened.
    Today my wife will be in court too, hopefully to end the battle with her ex. This has been a five year battle costing us over $25,000 to keep this child molester from getting custody of her 3 children, and at the very least maintain supervised visitation.
    Throughtout my life, God has tested me with some burdens I thought I couldn't bear. He has always provided me with the the things I've needed, and shown me the way to get the things I've wanted. If this is another test, I hope and pray it's the final exam. I've never asked for prayers before, but today could you take a minute to ask Him to make this an open book test?

UPDATE: Good news, I got full custody of Tyler and he was finally removed from the support order!
    Bad news, Support for Morgan was raised to $450 more than I was paying for both! In 3 yrs there will be one helluva party in this house!
    Wifes court case was ended without a judgement. Results of the judgement will be given Tues.

I want to thank all of you for the prayers and best wishes,I'm sure without them it could have been alot worse. I've only met a few of you, but feel blessed to know all of you, don't think I could find a better bunch of people anywhere! Thanks again, TRAP
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

TRAP55
    I have sent two upstaits one for you and one for your wife. I hope it all works out for the best and that when it is all said and done you can smile.
    Ron
    Hey partner you know how to reach me if you need me.
  3. geezler

geezler New Member

I pray you all the best in the world during this travail. I pray that god's power is with you and that you overcome the evil one!
  4. gagirl

gagirl New Member

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. My hubby had custody of his kids but one decided to go live with her mom over the Christmas holidays. People have always wondered why I say it is a blessing for my ex hubby not to be involved in any way with my daughter. There is court ordered child support but why go after it? He has not seen her in almost 7 years and David (my wonderful hubby) is the best father she could have asked for.

I know there are always 2 sides to every divorce/custody hearing but I will pray for the kids and for God to do his will.
  5. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Good luck, Trap55.

I'm surprised to hear that they're splitting up the kids by granting custody of one to you and one to her. Is that normal? I thought they usually tried to keep kids together.
  6. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

I'm not a very religious person, but I hope God will take my prayers for your family. Hope everything turns out ok today in court without you there, make sure to let us know what happens.
  7. gagirl

gagirl New Member

Splitting up the kids has EVERYTHING do do with the wishes of the parents and the ages and wishes of the kids. David's daughter will be 15 this spring and it would have been useless for us to fight her going. We could have proven the mom an useless alcoholic but the court would have just made her 'get help' like she has done sooooo many times before. Dealing with divorces when kids are involved just plain SUCKS!
  8. dheffley

dheffley New Member

You, your wide and all of the children have my prayers.
  9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Trap, you are on our prayer list, too.
  10. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Many thanks to all of you, with people like you putting in a good word for me, it don't seem as bad as it did.

gagirl, sniper,... the boys are fraternal 15yr old twins. The one I have is 6'1" and thought he was big and smart enough to start telling his mom what he was/wasn't going to do. Dad don't play that game, and the other one got a wake up call the day I picked his brother up.
    Mom lost her job at Aetna 2yrs ago and didn't even bother to look for another job until about 6mos ago. Since then she has been hired and fired 3 times. When she was employed she made twice what I do, house and car paid for. She has never learned what the word "budget" means, and has always lived above her means. And always with the support of her of her mom or sister. Sister passed 4yrs ago and her mom 2yrs ago. She blew the $200k inheritance almost as fast as my she did my bank account and retirement. Now she thinks I need to support her using the other son as a reason.
  11. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Well, being a fraternal twin myself, I know it's traumatic to split them up. I hope they make it through OK.
  12. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

Be cool, Trap. Keep the faith. Don't hold yourself accountable for things out of your control.

Ben
  13. Dave W.

Dave W. New Member

Hey Dave, I'm really sorry to hear that, if there's anything I can do to help you out let me know. I'll be thinking about you buddy, give me a call if you just want to b.s. or whatever.

Dave
  14. rosierita

rosierita New Member

15. ECC

ECC New Member

I'll be praying for you...and don't be ashamed to ask for prayer...it is powerful and effective!
  16. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Trap Ive been knocked down more times than I can count, I always seem to get back up and try again!!! God doesn't give us more than he thinks we can bear!!! We will be praying for ya here!!!
    Hang in there buddy it will get better!!
  17. headzilla97

headzilla97 New Member

good luck to you hope everything works out
  18. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Another twin here (identical) praying for you all!

God bless and keep you.

Crpdeth
  19. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Thanks Pa, but I wish sometimes He didn't have such a high opinion of me! :D

Sniper and Crpdeth, Your parents have my highest regards! :D
    Who was the dominate twin of you two, and how long did you fight with your brothers before that came to be? Please tell me before you turned 16! :(
  20. punchie

punchie Member

Trap you and your wife are in our prayers. It doesn't surprise me about your ex and lack of budgetary restraint been there a time or three.