A Trip To the Gun Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Airdale, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Airdale

Airdale Member

Two weeks ago we went to our gun store to order a SA EMP in 9mm for my wife. To our surprise they had some in stock in both 9mm & .40 Cal. I got some hollow points with the pistol but forgot to pick up cheaper practice rounds (probably because of sticker shock).

So back to the store today. As we entered there on a table in front of us were what resembled not one but two Barrett .50 BMG rifles. Must be cheap knock offs thinks I. On closer inspection, yep these are the real deal. After a brief period of fondling I turn to go find my ammo and right in front of me is a large box filled with loose .50 BMG rounds, starting to get very impressed with my new gun store. After finding some ammo and browsing through the various sections of their store I got to the "evil black gun" department and low and behold appeared yet another Barrett .50!

The store had recently moved from their first location to this very large facility with with a larger warehouse and is very well stocked with a every kind of pistol and revolver you can imagine. Not to mention rifles and C&R too. Got to say that I'm very happy to have a place like this to shop at. Don't think I'm going to have to order the net anymore (except for reloading stuff) and they are local owners and nice people. Kinda felt like a kid in a candy store today.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

It is really a good feeling to have a shop close enough to you to so that you can just go looking and not feel like you have to buy something every time you visit. The folks that own one that I go to all the time are almost like family to me, I always feel like I am at home while I am there!!
  3. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Yeah a good shop is hard to come by, get to know them!
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Yeah, before they go bankrupt from all that non-moving, expensive inventory... :eek:
  5. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

I wish we had a shop like that close to where I live, best we can do is pawn shops.
  6. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

You might want to post the name and location in case some fellow members that live close by would like to visit the place.
  7. Airdale

Airdale Member

"Yeah, before they go bankrupt from all that non-moving, expensive inventory."

They seem to be moving that inventory pretty well. Funny thing is that this shop sits on a busy street but is well back and not visible (except for a sign) but they seem to be doing a land office business. While a store of a national chain of outdoor sports equipment recently went belly up these guys keep on trucking. The store was in business when I moved to N.W. Arkansas twenty years ago and they appear to be doing very well today. Until recently I haven't had a reason to patronize the place but since going there I've never walked out without what I went for. For a shooter the store is a little bit of paradise.

It is nice to know that if they stock Barrett .50 BMGs odds are very good they'll have whatever I'm looking for.
  8. myg30

myg30 Member

Glad they support Tennessee !! That Barrett made .50 cal comes from a small town not to far south of Nashville. I need to get a .50 cent tour of
    the factory. Now that would make me feel like a kid in a candy store, wanting
    everything I see and getting my hand slaped for touching them all !!

Mike
  9. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I haven't been to a candy store or a gun show in well over a year :(:eek::(:eek::(
    starting to feel like an old man on fixed income :(
  10. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Sounds like you need to get your self to one, you can always claim its for
    your fix of a feeling of well being:D:D
  11. Grahajp

Grahajp New Member

I am headed to the Fayetteville/Rogers area tomorrow Airdale. Could you give me a clue where this place is at???
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    You ain't missed nothing 358! The gun shows now are a very expensive place to visit. After paying to get in, and then finding all the ammo, and guns marked way up, well..............., like I said, you ain't missing nothing!
  13. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

I have not bought any firearm in a store in over 25 years.

That way Im not leasing them from the govenment