1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

A Truly "Cheap" Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Old Gun Guy, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Hello!
    I don't know if anyone has ever seen one of these, but they are a single-shot .22 short pistol in kit form. I started to assemble it, but I figured I'd post some pics of it before I continued. The instruction sheet cracks me up as far as how to make it function if it doesn't work after assembly. The roll-marks and serial # are put on with an electric engraver. As you can see, no expense was spared in producing this fine pistol! ;););)
    Can anyone shed anymore info on this fine collectible!
    Thank you!
    Old Gun Guy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Havnt ever seen one of those. Looks like it could be a fun project.
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

A glorified "zip" gun!

The Minnesota Historical Society is selling photos of it; they should be able to provide some history of the "company"

http://collections.mnhs.org/cms/display.php?irn=10578684

I guess "Semi Automatic Ejection" means "sometimes"?

Post a test target when you complete it...
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Interesting item Old Gun Guy. I have learned something new. Thank you for the posting.

Best regards,
    Greg
  5. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

From what I can see of the parts, it looks like it fires from an open bolt. Not only ejects but recocks itself. (Put a magazine in it and the BATF would be interested........;))
  6. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

hrf,
    One of the reasons I bought it was that it was made in my home state of Minnesota. If I ever shoot this thing, the test target will no doubt be unscathed, unless I'm within 5 feet.:D:D
    A glorified "zip" gun is a very apt description.
    Old Gun Guy
  7. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Thanks for the inputs. I'll post some pics when I get it assembled.
    Old Gun Guy
  8. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I thought the same thing hrf. A nifty zip gun! let me know how it works out Gun.
  9. Jim K

Jim K New Member

About the same idea as the S-M pistol. Although the latter was never sold as a kit, it wasn't a lot better made.

Jim
  10. rhmc24

rhmc24 Member

Memory lane again. Back in 1963 I made a simple percussion pistol and wrote and sold "A Muzzle Loading Pistol You Can Build for Under $10". It was based on a surplus .45 'grease gun' barrel blank un-chambered you bought from Dixie Gun Works. All the rest was scrap metal & hardware store stuff. About the only serious tooling required was a tap for the breech plug. I sold close to 2000 copies and quite a few people actually built them I got several letters with pictures of them.