A victory!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Mar 5, 2012.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

This is going to get interesting. We now have conflicting opinions from different court jurisdictions, so a higher court will have to decide between them.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/maryland-ruling-a-huge-victory-for-ccw-and-saf
    Pops
  2. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

This was good news
  3. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

A judge with smarts. Finally
    Could you imagin only being able to exersize your first amendment right in the privacy of your home?
  4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's a good thing. But, I've never heard of having to have a " substantial reason " for a CCW. Here, we just say we want one, qualify and that's that. And having to say what kind of weapon you want it for, isn't in the application.

Unfortunate that a judge had to make a ruling on it.
  6. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    MD Gun Law Unconstitutional

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...itutional/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

7. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Re: MD Gun Law Unconstitutional

:D:D:D
    More and more are waking up.
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

Wonder of wonders, a Judge who actually bothers to read the Constitution.
  9. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

One step closer to geting it right yayayayaya!
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!!
  11. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
  12. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I'm waiting for them to finally say it's unconstitutional to require a CCW and you to be 21 to carry a handgun. Irks me as I'm 20 and hey, can't carry a handgun, um the Constitution doesn't say anything that only 21 year olds can carry handguns. That's my argument if I ever get caught with my handgun ever. I'll go to court to fight for it it's my right as an American to carry a handgun. period.
  13. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I doubt that will stand in MD. The Demos and liberals own the state and the state police tell the legislature what to do.

Jim
  14. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I will hold out some hope but it is a very liberal and left leaning state. It would be nice to go armed all the way to the border of New Jersika without having to disarm. For that matter all the way up to Canada would be good to. Oh to dream!
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

16. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

In Indiana you use to state your reason to the statepolice supertindent why you needed a permit to carry.If you put because its my constitutional right it got rejected and you had to re apply.Now you dont Have to do that you just go online put your information do your electronic finger prints,pay your fee and you got it in 5 days.
  17. redneckchris

redneckchris New Member

I'm 100% on your side--mostly because you're simply pointing out the painfully obvious truth of the matter.

Our government overlords have been kind enough to grant me permission to exercise my right to arm myself, assuming I continue greasing the right palms(permit fees)and following the needlessly complicated rules regarding "lawful" firearm possession. But I always have and always will arm myself with or without permission. And I fully support your absolute RIGHT to do the same. This country needs more kids like you!

When people hear my thoughts on gun rights(absolute), they usually hit me with what they think will be a "gotcha!" question: "But redneckchris they say, if, as you contend, EVERYONE has the right to carry a gun according to the Constitution;paroled murderers, rapists and thieves and other dangerous people would be "allowed" to have guns, surely you don't think THEY should be "allowed"...right?" I pretend to be stumped for a moment or two by this brilliantly constructed and oh-so clever moral dilemma (to give them time to enjoy what will be their final moments of moral superiority), then I say:"Check it out you dirty hippie--I absolutely do NOT think murderers, rapists, thieves or hippies SHOULD be allowed to carry guns, but I know for a fact that they ARE allowed. They are in fact GUARANTEED the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, just like you, me and everybody else." "So until the Constitution is amended to read "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of all the people except for ex-cons and hippies shall not be infringed", I will fight (figuratively and literally) for their absolute right to arm themselves."

And in a perfect world, we wouldn't be discussing what rights a paroled killer does and does not have, 'cause he'd be dead a few hours after being found guilty of murder by a jury of his peers. Hippies are another matter--I guess I'd just have to accept a world that includes boorish, smelly, self righteous losers listening to lousy music and packin' heat. Oh well--if that's the price of freedom, I guess I'm willing to pay.
  18. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Active Member

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!
  19. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Active Member

as i said in another post, if someone is too dangerous to own and carry a gun, then they're DEFINITELY too dangerous to be outside of prison!
  20. redneckchris

redneckchris New Member

--in prison or in the ground.