1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

A Warrior Fights No More

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/29/02 12:14:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All A Warrior Fights No More
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reality Check!

Thinking back to thirty some years ago sights such as this meant nothing during combat. Today I have to admit that it saddens my heart to think of such losses for both sides and through study and the gathering of my own thoughts through the past years I have the utmost respect for my enemy and it was a shame that it had to come to things such as this. Sometimes I wonder to myself if he would have thought the same of me if the rolls had been reversed and I believe that he would even though there was so much hostility back then. I was indeed proud to have served my country but I can honestly say today that I am not proud of what I had to do although I carried out what was expected of me on the battlefields. People to this day would ask me why we were there and my honest answer to them is short, simple and the honest truth. "I honestly don't know"

[​IMG]

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (3/29/02 5:53:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: A Warrior Fights No More
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT---ONLY WHO IS LEFT. Anon.
    It was said by Homer many hundreds of years ago:
    MEN GROW TIRED OF SLEEP, AND LOVE, AND SINGING, AND DANCING, SOONER THAN WAR.
    Wilborn

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/2/02 7:45:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: A Warrior Fights No More
    Warriors down once again

[​IMG]

Cruisin the streets of Hue City ..... Ontos Style

[​IMG]

Humpin' the bushes

[​IMG]

Pics compliments of 2/5 Marines