A web cam Q?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zane71464, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

ok, with this new-to-me pc, it has a web cam.
    I know what they are and really have no use for one other than the fact,
    Ive seen on TV where people leave them on while they are away and catch people in thier home and what not.
    Well anyway, I have one on this lap top and have yet to figure out how to even "turn it on'???
    I'd like to at least see how it actually works.
    Any thoughts? :confused:
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Don't have a clue Dale. Not sure I would use one if I had one and knew how to use it. I don't think I want pictures of me picking my nose floating around the web. I know you could turn it off but knowing me I would forget and "Yikes did you see what that old man was doing?". No thanks.
  3. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    Santa brang me a "New 2 me lap-top" but mind dont have that & I'm happy about it!

Momma's Has it & Ashley's allways on it! LOL Mine is SAFE :D
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i've a web cam on my laptop

knowing what i can do with machines i've put a small piece of duct tape over the camera if i ever need it i can pull it off and wipe the lens ...
  5. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    JACK I saw a TV show said there were people that could trigger your camera on & Spy on the puter users.

There Tip Same as your BUT
    Used a Round Band-aid that way no gummy crap on the lens!
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a new Dell, win-7. On Dells, on the right side of the task bar is an up arrow. Clicking on it shows several program available. One of the icons is grey and square. It has a lens looking circle in it. That's the Dell web cam. Clicking on it bring it up, and you can take photos or make videos with it.

If you don't have a Dell, click on Start > Programs > Accessories. You may find it that way.
  7. Zane71464

Tha's excatly what Ive heard from someone else.....hope it hasnt been on all this time!!! And me not knowing it...:confused:
    I havent got an icon on my tool bar, and Ive looked in the control panel and still cant find it?

I have no need for it other than was just curious cause it's there...
    I sure as heck hope it dont freaki'n stay on all the time!!!
    (looki'n fer duct tape)
  8. Zane71464

...I dont EVEN wanna mess with it. I dont know anything about other than curious, but I know where curiosity could get ya...Find me some TAPE and real quick! :eek:
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Do you guys have kids or grand kids that lives ways from you?

Get Skype and you can make free video calls. Do you have gmail? Look at your contact list and if you see green dots you can call the if you see a green camera you can video call them. Googles is called google talk.
  10. Zane71464

Now that's a thought!!! EXCELLENT idea cp!
    I do have family here and there scattered about and I was trying to set up a Gmail account the other day for the fact I'll have to change me current email account due to this new internet sevice. Excellent idea!

(my current email is already messed up...out of lack of knowledge, I called my old Internet service and told them to cancel my service. forgot about my email and had to, like an idiot, call then back to turn it back on till I get my email sorted out) :eek: :banghead::lmao2:
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I have a Toshiba laptop. For me to turn on the webcam I go to Start (Windows button), All programs then I go to a folder named TOSHIBA, Then in to Utilities and the program is there. Look for a manufacture folder in your ALL Programs list.

For guys that want skype http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home

Google Talk can be had here. http://www.google.com/talk/

We use skype for my kids to talk to their mom. She lives in Washington state and we live in Virginia. She calls twice a month and they get to see her it just adds a little more to the interaction.

For you Apple lovers you have facetime.

I love gmail it is simple to set up easy to use has the best spam blocking of any email out there.
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

To know if your PC has a camera or not ( built in ), look at the top of the laptop when it's open. In the middle edge at the top, will be a small 1/4 inch circle with a tiny hole in the center. That's the camera.
  13. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Do a search of your main drive for "webcam" or look for "webcam" under "program files". Once you find the webcam program, open it. They will have all the info you need documented within the program. They will probably even have a tutorial.
  14. Zane71464

...found it and there is one option, to uninstall. It's like it isnt intalled?/?:confused: the duct take is doing it's majic just incase. :eek:
  15. Zane71464

I've go an HP but still cant do anything with the cam...I think I'll be better to leave it along... (putter illiterate) :eek:
  16. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

What's the model number of your laptop?
  17. Zane71464

Pavilion dv6000
  18. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

19. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah i've been known to capture footage from inside a mosque capturing footage that saw sheikh feiz muhammad take a holiday out of the country , and if they dont have there security set right and its broadcast , it aint hacking ...

Supreme court ruling here (and that was 2007 a good while ago eh )

look the fact is theres a lot of remote data stuff out there , and for all your smart phones especially as folks then connect them to computers ..

iphones God great gift to the counter jihadi's as here all the mutts have the latest Iphones and none of em ever do anything for security , and those that do , ring loud and clear and so then we play ;)

just a word to the wise eh ..

this software is not illegal to buy or use if you own the PC's , if not , its illegal .. just sayin ..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  20. Zane71464

Thanks cpttango! Have to study that here in a bit. I figure, if ya have somthi'n on yr pc, need to know at least how it works.