ABC & The Bible

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Shizamus, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

>ABC TV--MUST READ

>

>If more of us took a stand maybe we could have some decent TV programs.

>

>Jim Neugent is a coach in Childress, Texas.

>

>Jim writes:

>

>My name is Jim Neugent. I wrote to ABC (on-line) concerning a program called

>"THE PRACTICE." In last nights episode, one of the lawyer's mothers decided

>she is gay and wanted her son to go to court and help her get a marriage license

>so she could marry her 'partner.' !

>I sent the following letter to ABC yesterday and really

>did not expect a reply, but I did get one.

>

>My original message was:

>

>ABC is obsessed (or should I say abscessed) with the subject of

>homosexuality. I will no longer watch any of your attempts to convince the world that

>homosexuality is OK. THE PRACTICE can be a fairly good show, but last night's

>program was so typical of your agenda. You picked the 'dufus' of the office to be

>the one who was against the idea of his mother being gay and made him

>look like a whiner because he had convictions. This type of mentality calls

>people like me a "gay basher." Read the first chapter of Romans (that's in the

>Bible) and see what the apostle Paul had to say about it.... He, God and Jesus

>were all 'gay bashers'. What if she'd fallen in love with her cocker spaniel?

>Is that an alternative lifestyle? (By the way, the Bible speaks against that,

>too.)

>--Jim Neugent

>

>Here is ABC's reply from the ABC on-line webmaster:

>

>How about getting your nose o ut of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories

>compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the

>declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says "All Men

>are Created equal," and try treating them that way for a change! Or better yet,

>try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your

>lame crutch for your existence. You are in minority in this country and your

>boycott will not affect us or our freedom of statement.

>

>Jim Neugent's second response to ABC:

>

>Thanks for your reply. From your harsh reply, evidently I hit a nerve.

>I will share it with all with whom I come in contact. Hopefully, the Arkansas

>Democrat Newspaper will include it in one of their columns and I will be

>praying for you.

>

>- -Jim Neugent

>

>Note : Wouldn't Satan just love it if people stopped using the Bible for a

>crutch? Please resend this to everyone in your mailbox.

>

>-- Thanks, Jim Neugent

>

>I wonder if the person from ABC considered how many people would read this

>e-mail! This is one we should definitely pass on.
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I stopped watching ABC a while back, for that very reason. Their programming makes me sick (as does most programming on all channels these days).
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Disturbing...

Can we verify this Shiz?
  4. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

It is an Email I received.

Maybe you can give him a call.
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I stopped watching all the networks, but expecially ABC, several years ago.

Besides Fox News and the History Channel, only Bugs Bunnie catches any of my time! Call me shallow but I don't want any of the tripe they think is entertainment. With that kind, count me OUT.
  6. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

I like the phrase that Fox coined, "Fair & Balanced."

What I keep in mind, it's entertainment and "whatever", is subject to change. :D
  7. NuclearMeltdown

NuclearMeltdown New Member

I watch...

The History Channel, the Weather Channel, and Fox News...

I can't watch Bugs Bunny because those cartoons aren't on any of the channels we get here anymore. I refuse to watch any cartoon except for Looney Tunes though.

Despite having 45 channels, I could do without about 41 of them. In fact, I could probably be happy without a TV at all. I do like the radio though for my classic rock.

kind of off subject so I'm done.
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

My TV watching is "Andromeda" on Saturdays, here. As for the rest of it: that which doesn't sicken me, just doesn't interest me. Can't get cable without spending about $90,000 for the incoming line, and satellite at $45 per month forever doesn't particularly make my heart flutter, either. FirstInLine watches "Jeopardy" and "Antiques RoadShow."

Ttttthat's all Fffffffolks.

Pops