About 80% done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Mar 10, 2007.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Apr 25, 2004
    Pensacola Fl. area
    Tomatoes Onions Squash Nectarine trees Mulberry trees all done today a few beans just a little more and my garden will be planted for this year.
    Have y'all started planting yet?
    I know you folks way up north should have them SNOW PEAS planted by now :D :D :D :D :D

2. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    North Idaho
    Hey Ron, does the term Bi_ _ me mean anything to you southern folks :eek: . Heck I still have six inches of snow in my yard :confused: . But I did have a big old Cow Moose come through this morning :D Working on the green house tomorrow and hope to plant the end of the month. Onions,radishes and carrots for now. catfish

3. I think I'm going to plant some strawberries this year. Can't get enough of those in the summertime. :D

4. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

I allways wait till Easter. I have lost more than I care to think about by getting in a rush. Tomatoes are in the pots and ready to plant.

5. The lilac leaves are budding....
    No garden this year, going to re-landscape the back yard. :(

6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Bout time to hit the irrigation systems for asparagus up here.

I love the small tender shoots about 4-5 inches long. That's my extent of gardening. I only have a 100' x 50' lot.

7. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    North Idaho
    berto, I want to plant some asparagus sets for the better half and I, are they difficult to get started.Do you need a raised bed for them?? Thanks for any info on them. catfish

8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Apr 25, 2004
    Pensacola Fl. area
    When I lived in Eagle ID. we would walk the ditches and get all the asparagus we could eat for a few days and it was the best I have ever had.
    I wonder if It would grow down here. Rhubarb is another thing I would love to grow around here but no place around here sell the plants If I ever find the plants for sell I am going to try and grow it here. I like to grow plants that I can eat :D :D

9. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Like 358 said,

Asparagus just grows on the ditch banks up here. I couldn't tell you what is neccesary to cultivate it.

Hey Ron,

I grew up in SE NM with a huge rhubarb plant in the back yard. My mom was always baking something 'rhubarb'.

Huge cobblers and lotsa pies. I grew to dislike it immensely.

10. Dang Popeye...ya oughta ran out there and squeezed ya off a little "Moose Juice"....:eek:

Woulda probably been udderly delicious.......:D

11. Al, You cracka me up! your wife must have fallen in love w/ your sense of humor! Major reason mine married me. ( wasn't my money or GQ appearance ):eek: :D

12. (Insert Elvis accent) Thankya thankya thankya......:D

I wish that would have been the case.......:rolleyes:

But in actuality it was more like.....

"Recently divorced young mother of 2 young children,

attempting to put herself through college at night,

shows interest in lecherous old (7 years older) telephone man with steady job and current wife".......
    :D

But that was back over 25 years ago.....:D

I'm afraid I'm the only one in the family that even remotely has a sense of humor.

I love to kid & tease my fellow veterans.......:D

Especially those that served in a different branch of service.....:D

But a "non-veteran" better not give em no grief.....:mad:

I'd be on em like stink on a pile of "smoldering Moose Poop" in Catfish's back yard.....:eek: .....:D

13. Craig

Craig New Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Central Pa.
    When you come up Labor Day I will give some rhubarb.

14. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Jan 1, 2003
    SW MS
    I thought about you guys and your snow peas the other day when I had some Chinese food with snow peas in it. Dang, them thangs was hard to shell, and the peas were so tiny they just almost weren't worth the trouble! :p :D :D