About to get new pistol... advice?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by golgiaparatus, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

When I say movement, I mean it moves and stays where you just pushed it too. All of them move from flexing and tolerance but mine if I pushed up on the barrel, it would stay there. What happens then is when the slide closes and locks the barrel, the barrel would be in a different position every time. I have a Beretta 92 also. Its moves but does not stay. After Taurus made it right, it out shoots the Beretta any day but the Beretta has about 2000 more rounds through it.
  3. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

4. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

The place I bought the Cougar also has one of the best gunsmiths in town. When I went up there I brought the PT with me and had him take a look. He said, "yeah that's more movement than you should be getting". He showed me a used 92FS and used Centurion and said "you shouldn't get more than this"... and by "this" he meant very slight wiggle... mine moves 3 times as much if not more.

He told me to box it up even though it's a 94 model and send it to Taurus for warrantee. I hope they can fix it up for me... it has such a great solid feel to it.

BTW I handled a Gold Eagle 50 cal while I was there just for giggles... what a completely insane gun.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

They fixed mine right but it took them 8 weeks to do it. Good thing you have a nice new couger to make up for its absence.
  6. petesusn

petesusn New Member

No matter how excited you are about buying your gun, do not run around yelling “I have a gun! I have a gun!”
  7. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Stoeger Cougar is one nice gun, I have the 9mm and it shoots very well.

If you want something more concealable maybe a Ruger SR9c

Although I carry the Cougar also.