1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

acepac on GB No Damn Good!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 4, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/26/01 9:35:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    acepac on GB No Damn Good!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    User: SJD SPORTS A+(57) Date: 06/26/2001 8:15:12 PM Item: 1445717 seller.

Buyer: acepac

F: Buyer never answered ANY emails or paid for item. Sellers account should be terminated! Do the right thing!
    ----------------------------------------------------------

User: gogs A+(33) Date: 06/19/2001 11:55:25 PM Item: 1293770 seller.

Buyer: acepac

F: would not recommend,buyer won auction but did not pay,
    ----------------------------------------------------------

acepac is a DEADBEAT and should be avoided at all
    costs!

Contact Info: acepac
    E-Mail Address: acepac316@hotmail.com
    Name: charles mock
    Address: 5423 camellia drive
    valdosta, GA 31601
    United States
    Day Phone Number: 229-559-1510

Edited by: Tac401 at: 6/27/01 3:39:36 pm

kdubaz
    (6/27/01 12:37:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: acepac on GB No Damn Good!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Atta Boy, Tac -

We need to get these assholes up here where everyone can see them and their addresses.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/27/01 12:48:33 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: acepac on GB No Damn Good!
    Yeah Kdub,

They need a public ass whoop'in!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

bondai
    (6/27/01 2:29:30 am)
    Please take a look at this section I copied from GB's own rules of registration site....

• Hotmail.com, Yahoo.com, and other 'free' email accounts - You must enter your 'free' email address in the Email Address field, then you must enter your 'real' email address from your ISP or your work email address in the Real Email Address field. If you do not have a 'real' email address, send email to support@forthehunt.com and we will send you further instructions.

Now please look at the email address of the asshole in question, see any similarities ??? Gb doesn't check shit because they don't give a shit. If they required a credit card for registration and then charged the FVF to the loser who didn't pay after he won an auction, this bullshit would stop....

How in the hell can you not have a real email address. If you have an ISP you have an email address...

M Opaliski
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/28/01 6:48:02 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Just below what you copied we can find the following ...

If you entered a 'free' email account (such as Yahoo.com mail, Hotmail, email.com, iname.com, etc.) in the 'Email Address' field, you need to provide a real email address in this field. A real email address is one from an ISP like AOL, Earthlink, Mindspring, etc. Your registration code will be sent to the real email address. Once your account is active all other messages will be sent to the primary email address.

I use opaliski@hotmail.com as my primary email address which is well within GB Guidelines. I very rarely use opaliski@rcn.com, thus the reason it is not listed as my primary email address.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Support your RKBA ... Matthew
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/28/01 7:15:44 am)
    Matthew, I find this very interesting, so GB has both address`s(of yours) but do they notify you on your hotmail account or your real one. This to me means GB has and keeps some things hidden from the sellers and buyers, when they are unable(sellers and buyers) to complete a deal......unable to make contact and GB has another email address to contact with......interesting.....VERY INTERESTING! LTS

M Opaliski
    (6/28/01 7:30:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Correct, they have both. That is how I registered. The same as everyone else that chooses to use an email service other than one provided by an ISP. The ISP email address is more or less a one time shot to get your confirmation, then they correspond via the other.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/28/01 7:41:59 am)
    Well, isn`t that just ripe for abuse and false security for honest users. You the (seller or buyer) are forced to respond to an email address that the other user can just ignore, because it does not interfear with their main one, which means to me, GB is holding back information from users to complete deals......while claiming otherwise. I believe this would cut down some more deadbeat problems too.....If we had access to the real account and they could not hide as well.....then you could contact them via both......guess that would be harasement, huh? Ok to give grief......but not receive it................protecting deadbeats.....GEEESH!!!!! LTS

M Opaliski
    (6/28/01 8:46:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    As per their Registration Guidelines, I would assume that if someone was to register with a "Free" email service as a primary email, then yes, GB has the other that was used for the confirmation to be sent in order for the individual to join.

On a side note ...

I have my interview tomorrow morning with an Inspector from the Wilmington, Delaware Field Office of the BATF. She called this morning to get directions and ask some other things, one question was ... Do I have an A&D Book?

Where do you folks get your A&D Books from? She said there was no special book, could use anything, even a tablet as long as it is set up properly. I would just as soon go with something specifically designed for firearms. I am even considering a software program for the PC. She said I could file a Variance to keep records on computer in lieu of a Bound Book. There is a gentleman that created software for this, he is a member of my site ... PC Skills go there if you want to check it out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/28/01 11:32:45 am)
    Matthew, sent you an email....hoped you received it. LTS

kdubaz
    (6/28/01 11:33:16 am)
    Let us know how it turns out, Matt - here and on your board.

M Opaliski
    (6/28/01 11:38:24 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    LTS ... got it, sent reply, thanks. Will do Ken.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

Edited by: M Opaliski at: 6/28/01 12:41:20 pm

M Opaliski
    (6/29/01 9:37:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Had a good interview ... as good as approved as per inspector. Just need a letter from the County Zoning Board saying they will allow Gunsmithing and Sales.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/29/01 10:11:06 am)
    Congrats Matthew, do you forsee any problems with the zoning people or do they normally grant these...(Home or business front) LTS

M Opaliski
    (6/29/01 10:35:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Actually, I just got off the phone with the Zoning Office. It started out sounding like bad news ... they said that I would have to apply for a Conditional Use Permit to sell products out of my home. The first step would be go in and file for the permit, they would then send that to the state for a traffic assesment to determine the influx or potential traffic on the area. Then I would have to pay a one time $300 fee for the permit and have a hearing before the County Council so they could determine if approval was warrented. I can say that I was beginning to worry because they 5 Council members are quite liberal. They are constantly getting trashed by the constituants in their respected districts ... however ... the woman on the phone asked if I wanted her to file the initial paperwork without me having to go down there. I agreed and thanked her for heer efforts, she determines that I am in the Corporate Limits of the Town of Greenwood as per the Land Owner's name and askes me to hold on. She returns a few moments later to tell me that the County has no jurisdiction over any particular town and that a County issued Permit is not required. She advised to have the Inspector with the BATF call her Supervisor if she had any questions on this matter. I then called the Inspector and left a message on her voice mail. She will get back to Wilmington in an hour or so and I assume things will proceed from there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/29/01 10:59:29 am)
    Matthew, I was getting bummed for a moment there and I`m sure your heart sank alittle when this conversation started...mine did. This is enough grief to make most quit long ago. I salute you for your fortitude and perserverence and hope this is the end of this long adventure. How long now before you have the tRusty FFL in your hands and begin to start making mula. LTS

M Opaliski
    (6/29/01 11:04:43 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Not sure how long LTS ... but I am beginning to see a dim light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the comments ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/29/01 11:26:35 am)
    Matthew I don`t believe many would have gone the extra mile as you did. I have another question though, since you will be a home dealer. Is your wife on the FFL and will she help pack, log or anything else related to your business and did the BATF ask you about this. The reason I`m asking is their vague description of a "responcible" person and I have yet to understand it....maybe you could help me to, since you have no doubt studied some of their rules and are able to break them down into layman terms. Thanks LTS

Have thought about hiring someone to pack,ship and maybe list some items to cut down on my time, maybe even have them shop some pawn stores out of town for odd and hard to find items....not buy, just price shop for us...then buy, maybe;(us) not them.

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 6/29/01 2:47:14 pm

M Opaliski
    (6/29/01 2:22:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    LTS -

My wife is not listed on the FFL, opps ... will not be listed if approved. However, she might help with packaging ... I'm just not sure right now, things will have to go extremely well for her to get involved. She may take some calls, messages and such. The BATF never mentioned my wife in relation to the business, however, the Inspector did comment on my wife's plate collection that is scattered throughout the house ... she has all of her Bradford Exchange Collections on the walls, also she asked if what I was getting my wife for her birthday which I told the Ispector was coming up tomorrow. I will peruse the laws as they relate to a "Responsible Person" and see what I can make of it.

I seriously doubt that I would hire anyone, but then again ... you never know. The most I can hope for is that it goes well enough to keep me busy.

There is available a form on the FBI/NICS website titled "FFL Officer/Employee Acknowledgement" that you can print and retain in your records ... this allows authorized individuals to do NICS checks on your behalf if you ever look to hire on. There is no need for them to have an FFL, nor be listed on yours. You keep the form and notify FBI/NICS of the authoization, of course they would need your code word to do this. Same for the State, you can authorize someone to do your checks ... perhaps if you were to go on vacation or something like that. Perhaps a trip to Maine ... the beach ... ?

I called out to RK Enterprises, I was on the phone with them for almost 45 minutes shooting the breeze, they are good people. Got some stuff on the way and a good conversation to boot. I can see me as a regular customer there. Aslo called the BATF Distribution Center, got forms on the way as well. The folks at RK are originally from New Jersey, they have relatives just up the road from me ... small world.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

kdubaz
    (6/29/01 4:19:28 pm)
    Glad to hear it seems to be swinging your way, Matt.

Don't own an FFL, nor know all the in's and out's. Common sense tells me you can have any non-felon working for you and helping in the general run of business, as long as you have them accounted for as an assistant, either by payroll or notice to BATF.

Keep plugging - that license will come one of these days! Then you can tell your "former" friend to kiss the rusty one!!!

teehee1
    (7/17/01 9:12:18 pm)
    Hi Bondai, don't hold back tell us what you really think. When I complained to Admin about a false posting that gave me an F that and was a total lie they told me there was no way to check it and that they wouldn't interfere. It took a week and 4 email to elicit a response. His score Highcounrty user 7 feedbacks 2 F's my score almost 500 feedbacks and two F's both bogus. I guess that I can handle it but it just frosts me they wouldn't help. After all most of the inmates in all our prisons have been framed and are truly innocent.

Gun control is a steady hand with all the hits in the black(section of the tgt)

Edited by: teehee1 at: 7/17/01 10:19:10 pm