adding Spydercos to the collection

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Lee D, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D New Member

for whatever reason, over the years i have never picked up any of their knives, so i figured id give em a shot and im happy i did. wow was i impressed...razor sharp, and theyve stayed that way despite my efforts to dull em, and the fit and finish is top notch.

so far ive bought one from their Tiawan facility (the small Cat) one from the Golden Colorado plant (the Native thats in the middle) and one from Seki City Japan (the fully serrated Police model that is on the bottom).

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I like the ones I have gotten from them.
    I have to drive by the Golden plant, when I go to town that way. They have a sale once a year, at the factory, that I always try to attend. New as well as seconds, discontinued models, etc. Pretty good prices too.
  3. Lee D

Lee D New Member

id love to see their factory...and of course the yearly sale would be a major bonus LOL
  4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I have on me now and have carried for years, their Spyderco Harpy. It is my favorite all time pocket knife.

I had a friend when living in California that loved the Police model.

Attached Files:

5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

rcairflr,
    I had one the was the same shape as yours, except the blade was smooth. I gifted it to a friend who did a lot of wood carving. Went back to get another one, and found out they discontinued that model. :(
  6. Redbeard

Redbeard New Member

I have been carrying a Spyderco for 14 years. For the last 10 I have been carrying a 50/50 Native II. Fantastic knives.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I love my delica 4 plane edge I was using it today to hack the video cords off old CRT monitors to make them easier to carry. That is 3.8" of wire shielding and sheathing in all. Sliced through them like a white hot knife through butter.

It booted my Kershaw Leek from the top pocket spot.
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I had a Police Model that I bought at Camp Lejeune in 1991 for $50 and lost it in 2003 Fishing in Tampa....I used that knife so much I wore the serrated edge down to a plain one...great knife.
  9. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

A spyderco native II if I remember the model correctly is my daily carry. Hell of a knife company.