Addition to the Smith Family

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by raveneap, Nov 12, 2007.

1. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Just ordered a new Smith from my LGS. He met the lowest Internet price I could find. Been looking for something light weight for CCW and this may well be the answer coming in at 15 oz. It should be in this week, hopefully Wednesday or THursday. The picture is from Smith's web site. Actual picturs and range report shortly.

[​IMG]
  2. Raven, I own two S&W model 37 revolvers, and I carry one or the other just about every day. Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed! In my opinion, they are the best .38 +P snubbies built today.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Nice addition to the family you have coming. ;):D

Also good to hear that you can do business with your LGS.
  4. livesounder

livesounder New Member

Stupid question.....

Though I have no doubt this is a worthy sidearm, is the exposed hammer not a concern for CCW?
  5. travihanson

travihanson New Member

I love airweights, you made a good decision. Hope you like it. And, livesounder, I believe the only reason that I can see for a hammerless is to shoot from inside a coat without a hangup, like, if your going for your wallet or money or something.....If your going to draw that revolver right there more than likely your going to just pull the trigger, as opposed to pulling back the hammer.
  6. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Not really a concern. If you were carrying in your pocket, maybe, but with a decent belt holster, which is what I'm looking for, there's no problem. I carried a Ruger Speed Six snubbie for several years while in plainclothes and there were no problems.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The wife has a Smith 642 Airweight without the hammer, and it's a VERY nice gun... It's fairly accurate, even for a snubnose, but with the light weight, those +Ps sting a bit on her small hands (mine too). I put a spring kit in it from Wilson Combat and it helped the trigger pull greatly. Congrats on the purchase...