Address When Joining TFF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raven818, Apr 14, 2012.

1. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Given how many contests you've won, that's not surprising. :p
  2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Well, my friends, I think I know what you want to hear. I think you want to hear, their still is some anonymity left on the internet. I think alot of people still think; "if i use a internet name or nickname of something, I can post comments and nobody can track me down if I have (fill in the blank), or(if I use this method) or (whatever you can come up with)"

The bottom line is if "they" want to find out who you are "they" can. Go to a search engine; search your name, your phone number, your address, or anything that might identify you. Do em' one by one, and you'll find all the info on you, you never wanted to be so easy to get.

Mark Dice wrote a book a short while back. "Big Brother: The Orwellian Nightmare come True"
    http://www.amazon.com/Big-Brother-Orwellian-Nightmare-Come/dp/0967346614

If you read that book(great book by the way, real page turner) you will have no illusions about anonymity. As for physical address for TFF membership no I don't remember entering that to sign up.

But I'll leave off with this. Their was the belief that those who signed the Declaration of Independence were signing their own death warrants. They believed if they singned that document they would be on Great Britans' "List"
    Well, John Hancock, signed his name big and on top. As if to say,"To hell with it, if I'm gonna be on "the list" PUT ME AT THE TOP OF THAT LIST."

I don't know where my name is on the "new list", but I don't care if it's at the top or not. Live just, and fear not.

I don't know if you wanted to get that deep on it, but damn I'm long winded.:eek:
    Sorry.:D
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

My neighbors are all encrypted or way too weak....oh well.

And YES to the previous post DO NOT use your real name in your email address, sn on boards, whatever, not a good idea.

"TMI" too much information.
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Okay, thanks bobitis for answering the OP. IP addy, sure they can find me, but I didn't remember putting my address in the Sign-Up. Good enough.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

My name is Josh Miller. According to http://howmanyofme.com there are 2800+ with the same name in the U.S.

I know I'm not anonymous, and I'm OK with that.
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is a cool website.
  7. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

there is only 2 people in the US with my name. I can believe it. what's disturbing is that they say only 99.9% of the people with the name Todd are male. I must say, I sure hope the person who shares both my first and last name is not a woman.
  8. geds

geds New Member

I know one female named Todd - she is nice looking, yet very manly, if that makes you feel any better.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh geds, barfy. I hope there are no girls named Jim. I might barf.