Adjustable rear sights for the Colt Combat Commander

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

BlackGun
    (6/29/01 3:05:34 pm)
    Reply Adjustable rear sights for the Colt Combat Commander
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just traded for a used Colt Combat Commander and will be tricking it out with Wilson Combat parts. Would the experts please advise me their opinios on what is the best adjustable rear sights to buy for this weapon. Bo Mar, Megar etc.etc.
    Thanks for any input.
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (6/29/01 11:15:27 pm)
    Reply Re: Adjustable rear sights for the Colt Combat Commander
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The best adj. rear sight on the market is Bo-Mar. I shot a friends carry Commander last week. He had an adj. sight made by MMC. I looked like a Novak rear sight with adjustments. No areas to snag. This may be something to explore. I carry an old Armand Swensen built Colt Commander. He added a S&W "K" frame rear sight. I have no complaint with it.
    Wilson makes good parts, but they are expensive. You may want to look at McCormick parts as well. If you are changing the barrel, Kart makes one of the best.
    Keep us posted on your project.

Xracer
    (6/30/01 9:08:12 am)
    I've got MMC adjustable sights on both my competition and LW Commander carry gun. I highly recommend them.

BlackGun
    (6/30/01 1:40:05 pm)
    Thank you gentlemen for your reply. Now, could you please let me where to buy a Bo Mar rear sight for my commander and a ball park figure as to the cost. wll I be able to just tap them into my dovetail cut out or do I need to send it a qualified smith to have it done.
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (6/30/01 2:56:58 pm)
    The slide must be milled to accept the Bo-Mar sight. This usually runs about $60. Send me an e-mail with a parts list for prices.

Edited by: shooter45 us at: 6/30/01 4:23:59 pm