Adjusting the Creep on a CZ550

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by epsanto2, May 8, 2012.

1. epsanto2

epsanto2 New Member

I have new CZ550 in the 6.5 Swede and would like to find a good manual video for adjusting the creep. Does anybody know of an information source for this?

Thanks
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

All manuals are available for download at cz-usa.com. I have never adjusted my CZ rifle triggers, but it is described in the manual. If nobody here has done it czech over at czfirearms.us for more info. :)
  3. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I haven't ever found any vids on the inner workings of the CZ single-set triggers.
    They are a very simple mechanism and are just about as easy to adjust as a standard single-stage, non-set trigger.

Not sure if it's my browser settings, but I can't download any of the manuals from the CZ site. The rest of the stuff on their DL page works, just not the PDF manuals.
    Here is a link that I've had bookmarked that takes ou straight to the manual.
    http://www.cz-usa.com/assets/product_downloads/CZ_550.pdf

The instructions for adjusting the trigger are on page 27 and the picture showing which screw makes each adjustment is Figure 7 on page 36.
    A is your pull weight adjustment
    B is the take-up adjustment
    C is the overtravel adjustment

If your screws have hex-heads on them, you'll need either a 1.5mm or 2mm allen wrench and I believe a 7mm wrench for the jam nuts. I have seen them with slotted screws instead of hex-head though too.
    They ARE metric screws and not a common pitch that is carried at the average US hardware store so be careful not to loose them! :)

Don't adjust out too much take-up. Besides making an unsafe trigger, the set-trigger function will not work properly and the trigger mech can lock up on you and not reset the sear as the action is cocked.
    And as always, ensure that the safety still engages properly and do a good "bump test" by thumping the butt end of the stock on the ground both with the safety OFF to make sure that the sear won't slip off and let the rifle fire.
    Do the bump test again with the safety ON and then release the safety without touching the trigger. It should NOT fire when the safety is released.