Adler Jager 1873 colt .45

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by juran21, Nov 14, 2009.

1. juran21

juran21 New Member

Greetings all,

I have a friend who is wanting to sell me the above mentioned pistol.
    I have no idea when it was made, however I know it has never been fired and is still new in the box.
    It is dark in color, blued I am assuming based on his decription, and has engravings all over it. (I have not seen it yet)
    It is in a .45 caliber, and looking at the owners manual he showed me, it was available in other calibers as well when it was manufactured.
    Can someone give me a ballpark figure what it may be worth, he has two of them he is wanting to get rid of, and I do not know what they are worth.

Thank you for your time,
    juran21
  2. ABEHE3EP

ABEHE3EP New Member

These were pretty good quality plinking arms in there day (1960's and on). Also known as Armi Jager, they were often imprted by EMF. I think they are no longer in business. Check out Gun Traders Guide under the EMF name.
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Several variants of this pistol were imported, so without knowing more it is hard to know....But in general they fall in a range of from $500 to $350, depending upon the model you are considering. Early production was by Armi San Marco, (until 2000) today they are made by Uberti and Pietta.

Hope this helps, Kirk