Advanced Armament!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Tony22-250, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Just found out that Advanced Armament is about 20 min up the road from me!

Advanced Armament makes some of the best if not the best silencers in the world!

http://www.advanced-armament.com/
  2. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek New Member

Find out if they'll give you a tour and a few free samples. Then pass them around.
  3. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

LOL i asked for free samples when i was friends with the sales manager of the former Cobb 50! his answer was ha ha ha no....
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Cool. I would never have a use for a silencer. That's why they make muffs and earplugs. Don't you need to have a FFL to have a silencer? I'm all for ownership of guns and stuff, but I just don't see the point in having a silencer. I mean there could be legit uses for them. Like around here I have a neighbor who is a die-hard Hilary Clinton liberal-lover. If I did so much as took my gun outside, she would call the police. Would be nice to quiet the shots if I had to shoot a rabbit or a squirrel or something. Would be nice to have a little .22 pistol with a suppressor for just that reason. Would be useful for deer hunting. That way you wouldn't scare off all the other deer. But I have no need for one. I like my shots loud and scary anyway. Careful about talking about silencers. There was a previous post about them and it got deleted because typically suppressors tend to have not so many legitimate uses.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  5. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

A practical use for a suppressor for the average person is to discharge a firearm in a confined space such as in your home and not cause hearing damage. Would you want to be firing .45 ACP's or even 5.56 rounds in a hall way to protect your family during a home invasion?
  6. cakes

cakes New Member

There are many reasons for suppressors. Hunting is not one of them(unless you work for an animal control outfit). There may be one, but I have never hunted in a state that allowed suppressors for hunting.
  7. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

we have an outfit called Elite Iron here in Montana, and hunting with one is illegal. I'm gonna try one out on my .257 for pdogs and predators. They are legal with the right paperwork and location..
  8. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Sound supression on firearms is JUST EXACTLY as useful as mufflers on internal combustion vehicles like cars and motorcycles, and for the same reasons. I've run open header cars before, it WILL damage your hearing.
    Since sound reducing technology is illegal on firearms we're reduced to using earplugs and muffs. Otherwise we could just muffle the gun like we do cars.
  9. Ranb

Ranb Former Guest

Ear plugs and muffs do nothing to protect the hearing of anyone nearby without hearing protection. No license or permit is required to own, make, buy or sell in the 37 states that allow civilians to own silencers. If you do not know the answer, then why not make an effort to find out?

It is rather sad that anyone would take the position that there is no point to any certain firearm, especially ones as useful as silencers. They are safety devices that should be optional for all shooters.

Silencers are legal for hunting in a few states, usually on non-game animals. Hunters can especially benefit with less noise. I mean who wants to wear ear plugs or muffs when walking out in the woods? I own and make silencers but am not able to use them in WA State. But from what I have read, animals are wary enough to be frightened away from the reduced noise of the rifle and even from the sound of the bullet impacting the target or a miss into the ground or trees.

What is this crap about silencers not having many legitimate uses? They are as useful as mufflers on cars. Any gun forum that deletes a thread simply for discussing silencers is not worth posting on.

Ranb
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  10. Ranb

Ranb Former Guest

Silencers are legal for private ownership in AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MO (with C&R), MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY. They may be owned by Class 3 dealers and Class 2 manufacturers (but not individuals) in: CA, IA, MA, and MI.

Do not limit your options, give suppressed weapons a try, they are a blast. You owe it to the rest of us to not say anything that discourages firearm ownership.

Ranb