The Firearms Forum banner

Advice about Wolf Ammo

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ruffitt 
#1 ·
teehee1
V.I.P. Member
(11/23/01 9:49:50 pm)
| Edit | Del All Advice about Wolf Ammo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Went shooting with a friend. He was shooting a new Eagle/Armalite HBAR. All the ammo went throught it slick until he came to the Wolf. He had bought 1000rds
and it was new Russian HP. 55gns. It would not successfully chamber a single round. The bullets had no cannalure that I could see. Comparing the round to a PMC cartridge it seems the casing was never properly
tapered when the bullet was seated. I have not had a lot of experience with this ammo but the lack of quality
on such a high pressure round would keep me away from them. Just FYI. Hope Y'all had a great holiday.

TallTLynn
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(11/23/01 9:55:12 pm)
| Edit | Del Re: Advice about Wolf Ammo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
teehee1 - I shoot Wolf ammo through my AK with no problems. However, many weapons that have a tighter tolerence do not do well with their ammo.

AGunguy
(11/23/01 10:03:04 pm)
All I've ever used is Wolf ammo in my 5.45X39 caliber AK 74. I use 60 grain FMJ without a hitch.

However, I hope some day to try some other makes, but it'll be awhile as I have close to 1K of the Wolfe.

Gunguy

southernfreedom
V.I.P. Member
(11/23/01 10:14:55 pm)
I have fired thousands of Wolf rounds through both my AK
and my SKS
and never had any problem. Here is what I have heard, don't know if
it is true...if the cartridge is tapered like the 7.62 X 39mm it works just fine.
But the straight pistol cartridges taht are not tapered sometimes do not work
well. Actually, I have shot 100's of 9mm wolf pistol ammo through my Makarov
without any problem
so maybe it all depends on the gun.

BlackGun
(11/23/01 10:43:04 pm)
Wolf is all I buy for My Ak-47! Never had one problem with mine.
rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
BlackGUN

Flhunter
V.I.P. Forum Host
(11/23/01 10:47:29 pm)
My Para P12-45 might make it thru a mag. of wolf ammo, but most of the times it jams right up. Now my Beretta 92fs so far has not had a problem with it. Lately though, I have found that S&B and wolf are priced just about the same, so I've been sticking to S&B.

Confused? Don't be so sure.

gpostal
(11/24/01 12:06:05 am)
teehee it is the steel case of the wolf ammo ,with the tight tolorances of your ar the steel cases are not as flexible and forgiving as brass , while ak's and sks might not have a problem with it the ar's will everytime ,this is a common complaint from ar15 owners

LIKTOSHOOT
(11/24/01 12:27:56 am)
| Edit | Del ???
Get a Bushmaster.....

A Professional
V.I.P. Member
(11/24/01 2:03:08 am)
| Edit | Del Re: ???
Put 200 rounds of Wolf thru my SKS today, only 1 misfire, which did fired on 2nd try. I don't use anything but Wolf in 7.62x39 for my SKS. Wouldn't use it in any other gun tho.

rayra
V.I.P. Member
(11/24/01 2:06:23 am)
| Edit | Del Wolf
Been shooting Wolf ammo in my SKS for a couple years, no trouble whatsoever.

Really does sound like a tolerance issue.

Tac401
Administrator
(11/24/01 4:52:42 am)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Wolf
What G.Postal said is exactly right, you must
use brass in AR's this is the reason Norinco
ammo used brass for .223 and steel for everything
else, my AK's will shoot anything but my AR's must
be fed decent quality brass!
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.