Advice needed: Gun GAS!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 52Relic, Mar 18, 2008.

1. 52Relic

52Relic New Member

Well, a little while back I bought a HK P2000 9mm. It shoots great, etc. But I'm about to get my CWP and I'm thinking it might be a little big for concealed carry in Southern Florida. My original thought was to use the HK for home defense and to get something like a Kel-Tec or Ruger LCP so I could still carry in shorts and t-shirt. Thought I had it all figured out until I started visiting these forums!

Here's where I need your advice: I made the mistake of picking up (didn't buy it yet) a Colt New Agent. Now I'm thinking I'd sell the P2000, use the Colt for carry, still use the pocket gun when necessary, and also get a larger piece (in size and caliber) for home defense.

I was thinking maybe a Glock 21SF....or.....??

What say you?

Thanks for taking your time to help.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

In the house, a shotgun offers better stopping power, less likelyhood of overpenetration, and is much easier to aim.

As for your handgun choice, I've never fired any of those three guns, but Colt and Ruger are both very good manufacturers. I've never fired a Kel-tec personally, but I've only heard good things about them (except from the occasional snob who hasn't ever fired one either), and I've been eyeing them for a long time (my money comes in slowly, so everything I look at tends to take a long time).

Soon people with far more knowledge than I will weigh in; I would recommend their advice over my own.