Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Old Gun Guy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Hello!
    As a hobby, I restore many older revolvers such as the H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins & Allen, Forehand & Wadsworth, etc. I can usually get them to index properly, and put them in time. However, the most frustrating of all are the ones that will function perfectly in SA, but the trigger needs to be nudged forward ever so slightly to allow it to be fired in DA. Sometimes it is just a case of wiggling the hammer just a hair to hear a "click" which signals that it will function in DA. I used to think that it was a weak trigger return spring, but that wasn't/isn't the case. I am reluctant to start filing/shaving any metal off the hammer or the lifter.
    Any thoughts on a fix for this problem?
    Thanks!
    Old Gun Guy
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

No files. Use hard Arkansas stones.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That problem is often due to a bent trigger guard that won't let the trigger move freely.

Jim