1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

advice on AK-47 kit

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Hans Rudolph, May 10, 2012.

1. Hans Rudolph

Hans Rudolph New Member

I've been searching online for an AK-47 kit. I have a military-trained gunsmith waiting in the wings to assemble it for me. In my search, I keep seeing advice to make sure the rifle is "922(r) compliant." Are those rules that still apply or did those expire with the 1994-2004 so-called "assault rifle" ban? I know the weapon can't be an automatic. Are there other rules I need to look for? I'm in Idaho and will move back to Nebraska at some point.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for AK-47 kits, I'm interested. I'm looking for quality, not bottom rung prices.
    Last edited: May 10, 2012