Advise on old .22 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by costarms, Oct 19, 2010.

1. costarms

costarms New Member

Hello all. I am new to this forum and registered because I need info on an old .22 rifle I found recently after my grandfather passed away.

Description. .22 rifle single shot. about 39 inches long. "New York Gun Club Pat. April 14th 1891 The H & D Polsom Arms Co. USA

Any information would be sincerely appreciated. I could not find much online.

Attached Files:

2. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

It is H.D. Folsom (not Polsom). You have a very early rolling block .22--probably c. 1900. Folsom was a distributor (not a manufacturer) associated with dozens of guns, many imported from Belgium. It is probably a "Rev-O-Noc" knockoff of the Remington's Rolling Block and made by the Crescent Firearms Company. Crescent built firearms for many retailers and they would mark them per the retailers instructions. They also sold those guns under their own name. Your's looks to be in decent shape. If the bore is good, I'd estimate value at $175-275.
  3. costarms

costarms New Member

Thank you very much for the information. We are going to have an estate sale of my granddad's items and it's nice to know a price range. Thanks again.