Affirmative action, coaches and the NFL...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by walien, Jan 9, 2010.

1. walien

walien Former Guest

Is anyone else really bothered by the NFL's affirmative action policy? They insist that each team HAS to interview at least one minority coach. Even if you manage to take Bill Belichick away from New England, you still have to interview a minority candidate.

I'm not a fan of AA in general, but it's one thing to have affirmative action for a group that has been persecuted in the past and their economic situations mean they might not have been able to get into good colleges or the like. I don't agree with it, but it's quite another step to apply this to coach candidates.

The last time I checked, coaches at the college level are extremely well paid and any players who are minorities who want to go into coaching have many millions and a lot of notoriety to lean on.

Does this bug anyone else?
  2. the morning light

the morning light New Member

How long is affirmative action supposed to last? 50, 100 years or forever? Has it ever worked?
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Well I don't want to sound like a vicious racist here, but I will make my opinion heard. Affirmative action is BS. It requires the same type of discrimination it seeks to destroy in order to be effective.

In my opinion, they should interview and hire whomever they want to whether they are all black, all white, or both.

That's just like when I went to school, there were all kinds of scholarships for people that were black, latino, or some other race, yet there were none for being white.

And I think there are blacks who get upset by affirmative action too because they look at it as an insult in the way affirmative action makes it look like they are incapable of earning anything on their own.

There was a time when AA was necessary - because a close friend of my family who is a retired policeman - when he came back from Nam, he used the GI Bill of Rights to go to school and become a policeman - but nobody would hire him because of his race. He got a job thanks to AA and he is a nice man and works hard and was very good at his job and was a detective for a long time - but in this day and age I feel it isn't really needed anymore. It only helps to hold back people that work hard. And I feel it has become discriminatory against white males.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

To my way of thinking, the everyday world is so competitive, one cannot afford to hire based on people's race, color, etc. You need to hire the individual who brings a competitive edge. If a black female brings me that competitive edge over a white male....I'll go with the black female any day. Vice versa as well.

AA needs to disappear.
  5. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

The AA and associates has helped to create the greatest and most effective double standard ever known to mankind.
    We live it and obey it and will not dare raise a word or thought or statement against it and if the current president of the United States of America is not proof positive of what I speak, then by all means color me wrong.
    The Caucasian race in America has bread and brought about it's own demise and been working hard every decade since the civil war to perpetuate the cause.
    Now we are living the results and watching the destruction (openly admitted) of the greatest and most successful civilization and its' Constitution, in history.

But we are powerless to change it now and we will continue to suffer the consequences as a result.

My statements have nothing to do with racism but I'll bet by the time you read this I am already branded and probably censured and my post deleted.
    Need more proof of what I say.

UF
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Come on guys AA works well! It has kept me out of several good jobs!