Afghan Enfields

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/2/01 10:13:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Afghan Enfields
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you guys see all the footage yesterday of the Afghans trying to look tough with all their antique weapons? While I haveta give an big edge to Afghans versus Iraquis when it comes to fighting qualities, it REALLY looked like a poor copy of those Iraqui propaganda films during Desert Shield where they were trying to scare us...

After seeing that one old guy with that nice looking No1MkIII, I got an idea...

Instead of SF, if we just sent in about a reinforced company of Crufflers, we would probably disarm at least HALF of the Taliban soldiers by BUYING their guns, and perform a humanitarian mission at the same time, giving them cold cash to buy FOOD.

On a serious not, do you think when this is over Iraq, Afghanistan, and maybe others, like Iran
    might suddenly flood the market with cheap Enfields? Or maybe Webleys?
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

Spanish Cruffler
    (10/2/01 12:12:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Afghan Enfields
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That part of the world is so full of odds and ends of old armaments - this is an area that was a major market for the Broomhandle Mausers and the similar Spanish copies of those pistols. In a newspaper article about a month ago about some Palestinian demonstrations, there was a picture of an old lady with her arm sticking out the window of a car holding a beautiful Broomhandle - the version with the 20 round detachable magazine. There are probably all sorts of treasures floating around over there.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/2/01 1:25:12 pm)

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/2/01 9:16:34 pm)
    WOMEN! You can't live with 'em...

And you can't set 'em on fire unless you live in INDIA!

I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

Edited by: polishshooter at: 10/2/01 10:17:27 pm

Spanish Cruffler
    (10/3/01 5:18:17 am)
    After looking at them two women, I don't think I would like to get in an arguement with them! They look tough!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/3/01 11:51:15 am)
    I was hoping someone here could ID the pistols. To me they look like some type of air gun.

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

AntiqueDr
    (10/3/01 11:53:44 am)
    Look like Hammerli target pistols.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Spanish Cruffler
    (10/3/01 12:02:56 pm)
    I was going to say they look like a higher grade 22 target pistol of some sort. They do look like Hammerli pistols.

K75RT
    (10/3/01 12:45:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Afghani Enfields
    I remember reading about the firearm copies made in the Pakistani town of Peshewar. There are no machines tools, the receivers are made by filing and chipping, the barrels are single point cut on handmade rifling machines. The finished articles generally No.1MkIII's and a variant of the TT-30 pistol were very nice looking. The author did caution that the metallurgy was suspect.