After 3 days, I am back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Jul 1, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well I missed my good friends here at TFF. The wife and I spent 3 relaxing days in Mccall, Idaho with her mother, and brothers and sisters. There were 11 people total and we rented a huge house that was located in a community of homes that was located in the forest. We saw a bear, a fawn, and the wife and I got to watch a fox for a short bit. We got pics of the animals and I will share them once they are e-mailed to me. The bear happened to be within about 15 feet of me and he was about 4 years old and weighed about 200 pounds. His coat was dark brown on the top and it turned cinnamon color down his legs. He was awesome to look at and he sure wanted the stuff that was in the trash can. The food was great and we had a good time fellowshipping.

It's good to be back.
  2. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Glad you had a goodtime.The bear was probably smelling your icecream carton.lol All joking aside that would be neat.Im glad you had a good time with your family.It hasnt been the same around here without you.Glad your home.
  3. 76Highboy

The funny thing about the bear is he came to get into the trash and he was skinny. Once someone yelled "Bear" everyone was screaming and yelling. You would have thought the bear was going to come crashing through the windows and start killking everyone. Everyone was running for the house to lock themselves inside. I on the other hand got to watch the little guy from about 15 feet at 2 different times. At one time he looked at me, and the trash can. He looked at me, and then the trash can. After doing that 3 times he bolted away but shyly came back. Here you have a bunch of people freaking out and a little bear starring at a trash can. Poor fellow, he was cool. Also, I had my XD 45 on me so I was not worried.
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome back, HB. Great to come back home with a life long memory of something special. All I ever come back with, is a T-shirt.
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Highboy, glad you're back and had a good time with family.

Bears can be interesting. I have half a dozen bear stories...They're wild animals and powerful, and must be respected. Black bears also have a natural fear of humans so will run away if they don't feel threatened, or that their cubs are threatened.
  6. 76Highboy

Yes, I agree about the restect thing.
  7. geds

geds New Member

That bear sized you up and thought you looked like a cousin and didn't feel threatened....

welcome back!
  8. 76Highboy

What scared him was when I took my shirt of and he saw the thick hair on my back and shoulders. He knew right there that I was the the Alpha bear. The sad thing is he was not thinning on the top. :mad:
  9. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

You were gone? LOL I thought maybe you were just busy working on your Ford.:D:D:D
  10. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

nah. he aint gonna work on the ford until the nail polish wears off. hey, ya know what? I bet the bear ran away after seeing your purple nails.:D
  11. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Well so much for the quiet around here.:D Glad you had fun, welcome back!
  12. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I forgot about those Barney looking toenails lol
  13. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

...we're a happy family. with a great big hug and a ...
    that's what he was singing when I talked to him last night. I wonder if he didn't hit his head while out in the woods.
  14. 76Highboy

:tapfoot:
  15. geds

geds New Member

Just curious....we know a bear goes in the woods, and we know a tree falling in the woods makes a noise, but does a Highboy going in the woods make a noise loud enough to scare the bear?