After defeat of cybersecurity bill, Obama weighs executive order

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hogger129, Aug 5, 2012.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

http://www.prisonplanet.com/after-defeat-of-cybersecurity-bill-obama-weighs-executive-order.html

Isn't this the bill that had all the assault weapon stuff attached to it? So basically he's gonna circumvent the democratic process and force this on us... How is that legal?
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It's not legal, but the real question is if America will just sit by and let it happen?
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Executive orders are common and legal. They are simply a directive from the executive (in this case, the President of the United States) to those who work under him.

I am the CEO of a small non-profit, and I issue executive orders nearly every day. Just this past week, I ordered my staff to fix all kinds of issues: cleaning, painting, cooking, mowing, etc. I also made a few "policy" orders: always put every tool away every day even if you're just going to get it back out first thing the next morning, etc.

Did my executive orders affect you? Of course not; you don't work for me, and I don't direct how you do your job.
    If President Obama issues executive orders, those orders affect how his employees (all federal government workers) do their jobs. It doesn't (cannot) cause you to change any part of your life except how you interact with his employees.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

My point is, how is this Constitutional? Using an executive order to force a piece of legislation into law? One which our elected representatives didn't pass?
  5. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It happens because the Legislative and Judicial branches allow it. And the ignorant masses say nothing.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

My point is that it's not law. It's not binding on us because we are not employees of the federal government.

He can make his employees act like it's the law; that doesn't mean he can make me do anything.
  7. jedwil

I think you have it wrong.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/executive-order-1
  8. johnnyehlers

johnnyehlers Member

Here's one to think about.

"All codes, rules and regulations are applicable to the government authorities only, not Human/Creators in accordance with God's laws. All codes, rules and regulations are unconstitutional and lacking in due process..." RODRIQUES vs RAY DONAVAN (U.S. Department of Labor ), 769 F. 2d 1344, 1348 (1985)

As for me I am flesh & blood created by God, and have an Affidavit of Status to that effect Recorded in book 614 page 3115 by the recorder of deeds Benton co, Mo.

Grantor: JOHNNY R. EHLERS

Grantee: Johnny Ray Ehlers

It's public record, with a Certificate of Authority for a Notary Public from the Secretary of State, and stands as Truth & Fact in any Article 3 Court, unless rebutted. Thing is, it can't be rebutted.
    So if there's no injured party......
  9. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

0 has been making end runs around congress for a long time now. He said he was going to do that in so many words.
  10. barmstrong2

barmstrong2 New Member

11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Emphasis added by me.

Executive orders are just that. The executive orders the things that are already under his control to act in certain ways. If something isn't under his control, his orders mean nothing.
  12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

All the Presidents have done this. George Bush did more then most.
  13. jedwil

14. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

The President can't order himself new authority in a way that has power of law.

He can claim whatever he wants. He can issue an executive order that declares him the King of America, the Viceroy of the Trade Federation, and the Commissioner of the National Football League, but none of it would mean anything unless it relates to a power already granted to the President by the Constitution or the Congress.

I'm an executive. My orders only matter in regards to things under my control. My executive orders matter to the staff in my kitchen; they don't matter at all to the staff at the local Pizza Hut.

Even the totalitarian (and war criminal) Lincoln didn't believe that he had authority to declare law in areas that were not at war. His Emancipation Proclamation is the most well-known executive order in American history, but he still pushed for the Thirteenth Amendment because he knew his order didn't count for jack squat in areas that weren't in rebellion, and it wouldn't count for jack squat after the war ended.

We may have to just agree to disagree here. I know many want to see Obama's orders as crossing the line, going further than any before, and being evidence of his desire to become emperor.
    But there are too many power-hungry Congressmen, Senators, and judges to let such a weakling take total control. Caesar? Yes. Obama. Wouldn't happen even if he tried.
  15. jedwil

I guess we'll agree to disagree, agreeably.