Aftermarket Glock barrels

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Glocker, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Glocker

Glocker New Member

The only ones I know of are Federal Arms, KKM, and Barsto...Federal being the least expensive and Barsto the most.

If you've had experience with any of these, or know of any others, let me know what you think of them. I'm looking for a new, hopefully more accurate, barrel for my G31.

Thanks.
  2. punchie

punchie Member

Just a thought, have you tried calling Glock to get a price on a "standard" rifling factory barrel instead of the polygonal? Other than that I have never had a bad Barsto (but never had one for a Glock either).
  3. Glocker

Glocker New Member

I didn't know Glock made barrels with anything other than polygonal rifling.

Thanks for the tip.
  4. punchie

punchie Member

You might have to be a little persistant but they have them in most calibers. OK you might have to be a real pain in the a__ but the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Just ask the NYPD.
  5. Glocker

Glocker New Member

It sounds like there's a story here somewhere. :D
  6. john from md

john from md New Member

I replaced my G34 barrel with a KKM barrel in order to shoot lead bullets. The KKM barrel gives better case support and has a tighter lockup than the Glock barrel.

I also bought a 9mm conversion barrel from KKM for my G27. I shot a 295 at LFI 1 with this gun switching between 9mm and 40 cal and saw no difference in POI with either barrel.

John from MD