1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Aftermarket magazine for Remington 760 Gamemaster

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by stormn_mormn, Nov 22, 2009.

1. stormn_mormn

stormn_mormn New Member

My Father-in-law inherited a 1952 Remington 760 Gamemaster (30-06) from his father recently. It was missing the magazine so he went to a gun show and picked one up from a dealer there (yes, it was the high capacity, 10 round clip). With the action closed, the magazine slides into the receiver just fine, but doesn't catch and I can pull it out without much effort. If I open the action, the clip will slide in and catch completely so that I cannot pull it out unless I press the magazine release. The problem is that when I then try to cycle the action closed, the bolt catches on the lip of the magazine and won't close completely unless I force it. I can see some marring on the magazine where it is catching--just wondering if grinding the magazine down is an option, and if so, are there any "gotchas" I need to be aware of when doing this?
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Storm

I wouldn't be afraid to take off a slight amount at a time while constantly reinserting the mag and checking the functionality of the firearm, but if it were me I'd most likely "polish" it down with a rotary tool/buffer or even by hand with sand paper just to be safe. There probably isn't that much of an obstruction.

I moved your thread here so that hopefully some of our Gurus could give you their advice.

Welcome to TFF.

Crpdeth
  3. stormn_mormn

stormn_mormn New Member

Crpdeth,
    Thanks for the quick response; good advice.