Aguila .22 colibri

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

jeeper1
    (11/22/01 3:59:00 am)
    Reply Aguila .22 colibri
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you haven't tried a box, you should. In my bolt-guns all you hear is the striker hitting the case and the bullet going thru the plywood back stop.My 25 year old Daisy BB gun is louder than this.

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (11/22/01 7:41:20 am)
    Reply Re: Aguila .22 colibri
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to the board. You are right about the ammo being quiet.

tuckerd1
    (11/22/01 7:42:17 am)
    Welcome to the board jeeper!

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/22/01 8:07:42 am)
    It is great ammo for quiet plinking - it is basically only propelled by the primer in the casing. One word of caution - this stuff is of low velocity and tends to ricochet VERY easily - be certain of your target and any potential for ricochet.

Welcome to the board Jeeper!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

warpig883
    (11/22/01 9:15:42 am)
    Welcome Jeeper. thanks for the info about this ammo I did not know that. Is is powerful enough to dispatch pests around the yard? I mean gophers and rabbits and such.

I have had great results using Aguila sniper .22 on coons. The market trend toward the lighter faster bullets does a person no good when they need to penetrate a thick skull. However Aguilas 60 gr. buddits do the job first shot every time.
    One after one, by the star-dogged moon, Too quick for groan or sigh, Each turned his face with a ghastly pang, And cursed me with his eye. Four times fifty living men, (And I heard nor sigh nor groan) With heavy thump, a lifeless lump, They dropped down one by one.

jeeper1
    (11/22/01 11:07:23 am)
    Thanks for the welcome. I am doubtful that it would kill anything as big as a rabbit particularily if the bullet hits a bone.I suspect that it was designed as something for practice where noise is a problem.However it is fun and surprisingly accurate, it is primed by eley according to the box.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/22/01 4:45:33 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Aguila .22 colibri
    Welcome Jeeper!

It will kill a Rat!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

kornhauser
    (1/8/02 8:18:20 pm)
    The ammo is super and cheap too! Perfect for plinking. However, I noticed two small problems with the ammo.

(1) The ammo does not exhibit much power. I used it on a possum that was destroying a trash can (a problem in my rural area). The .22 didn't even break the skin of the possum at ten yards. All I had now was one pissed off possum!

(2) My brother and I were plinking with the ammo and we had a tremendous amount of ricochets. Please be careful!

My thoughts.

Thanks.

pitsitter
    (1/8/02 11:35:15 pm)
    Ditto on the low power the stuff I have will only dent a tin can. I have seen them advertise a more powerful version
    "for bigger squirrels" might try to find some at the next gun show. Chris

Xracer
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/9/02 9:27:54 am)
    Welcome kornhauser and pitsitter!

Pissed-off Possum! Time to get out the .50 BMG!