Aguila 22s and white box winchester

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Lotsdragon, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

A friend of mine lives on a small river here and like most of us has a desire to shoot as much as possible. Yesterday the river came up and provided us a plenthora of moving targets. He bought 1000 rounds of aguila subsonic 22's. He has a remington target master with a bull barrel that is dead on. While shooting it I began to notice that the aguila didnt hit the same every time. Now I had brought some winchester wildcat hyper velocity's when we switched to those they hit perfect dead o every time. So my question is is aguila's quality just that much different round per round than american made ammo?
    Ok Now here is the second question, I loaded some 38's with 158 lswc and 4.175 gr of trailboss. Hit perfect everytime always a lot of fun (useing my s+w 686) Ran out and switched to winchester white box 130 br copper.
    What a difference! Thought I had brought 357's by mistake! Actually had fire leaving the end of the barrel, and they all hit high! Why? Thanks in advance and have a good day! :confused:
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

My question on the .22 would be if they were the same bullet weight, that would my first guess; what's the twist rate on the barrel? Aquilla is usually decent ammo, so as always, each individual firearm will usually prefer certain loads/ammo.

My thoughts on the second part are quite easy to explain..... the drop in weight and increase in velocity on the factory loads will flatten out the trajectory at the same distances, resulting in grouping higher.