AGUILA 9MM AMMO

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Cajun Chooter, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Cajun Chooter

Cajun Chooter New Member

anyone familiar with Aguila ammo.. i noticed on one site that its pretty reasonable according to other 9mm... a guy at a local gun show said it was made by Remington in Mexico... anyone have any feedback before i order some ?
    sorry if this is a double post..
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I recently bought a box of Aguila hollow point 95 grain .380 ammo. It shot fine in my Sig 238 but I had one fail to feed in my Russian Makarov. It was most likely the gun and not the ammo. It was relatively accurate in both guns.
  3. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Aguila is made by Industrias Technos SA in a plant that I understand was the old Remington de Mexico plant prior to DuPont selling Remington to Cerebus C M. (aka 'the three headed dog").

Their ammo used to be very inexpensive as compared to other brands. They developed a following and prices increased significantly. For CF pistol range ammo, if it is significantly cheaper, most persons will not be able to tell the difference as long as it cycles your gun.
  4. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Bought about 5000 45's this year. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

They have rocking rimfire ammo. Same quality control techniques as Eley from what I have read of their rimfire ammo.