AIM 91-30 review w/ pix!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

ThePitbullofLove
    (1/4/03 3:42:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AIM 91-30 review w/ pix!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wow.
    I'm impressed. Probably 99% finish, LN wood with maybe two very minor scrapes. Shiny bore with strong rifling. Not slathered in varnish, all matching, with bayonet, sling, ammo pouch, & cleaning kit.

One of the nicer 91-30's I've seen. TN import.

Here's a link to more pix-

public.fotki.com/ThePitbullofLove/gats-things_that/1943_mn_91-30/

AIM did a nice job!

Thanks for the great birthday gift, Jeff!

life is the crummiest book I ever read,
    there isn't a hook, just a lot of cheap shots,
    pictures to shock and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/4/03 6:17:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AIM 91-30 review w/ pix!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pretty gun. Have you shot it yet?

ThePitbullofLove
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 7:42:21 pm)
    not yet. Maybe tomorrow...been a little under the weather....

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/4/03 7:53:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: AIM 91-30 review w/ pix!
    First off get better. Second off beautiful rifle.

And last but not least - happy shooting!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 8:18:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Third off...
    You have a nice growing collection...best I've seen outside of Spanish BobinStLouis's...

ThePitbullofLove
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 8:37:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Third off...
    Thanks gang!

One could only aspire to having a collection like Bob's!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/4/03 9:18:47 pm)
    It's only a small one - lots of room for growth.

I have been looking at picking up some 91/59 Mosins, but I won't deal with AIM anymore - I am tired of screwing around with those idiots. You may think highly of them, but this crap with the Albanian SKS rifles has drug on over 2 months now - they keep coming up with excuses why they can't rectify their false advertising and bait and switch. Bunch of jerks.

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/5/03 3:21:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Third off...
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! absolutly gorgeous rifle!!!!!!! congrats on a nice addition to the collection! would love to hear how it shoots once ya get better!! Ray envious in California
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

EvilAudio
    (1/5/03 11:19:14 pm)
    Sweet MN! Wish mine were that nice.
    One of mine is a 1904 basket case......but I can't bring myself to try and save it or put the poor rifle out of it's misery. How DO you restore a 100 year old Russian rifle anyhow?
    Oh well....... nice find. Congrats.
    "If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." George Brett

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/11/03 7:04:31 pm)

Did anybody mention restoring a 100 yr old Russian?

As long as you have the bolt, bolt stop, the front sight and all the screws, and the stock and handguard isn't cracked too much it's a piece of cake, cheap to do, and you'll get something worth a helluva lot more than it is now, but you won't want to sell!

You can find the bolts, but at $30 it starts to push the "is it worth it" envelope. Front sights are next to impossible to find, as are action/mag screws, and bolt stops/trigger springs are expensive and getting worse. Everything else is available cheap, and stocks are pretty easy to epoxy as well. Handguards can be salvaged, but they are available too.

I've got three transition 91/30s in ratty shape that I need to refinish soon- a 1920, a 1929 and a 1931...

"Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

8mmSteyr
    (1/14/03 9:28:19 am)
    Somewhere between AIM's warehouse and my front door are three Mosins on a truck. A 91/30, an M38 and a 91/59. Seeing the pics of your rifle has me glad I ordered.
    "Leave the gun,...take the cannoli."

mustang7513
    (1/17/03 6:41:19 pm)
    Hey Bob in St Louis,

I was going to order one of the Yugo SKS's from AIM, the $129 excelent ones. I have heard several folks that were very pleased. If you posted you concerns before, I didn't see it. If you don't mind, what's up with AIM? As a potential customer I would really like to know.

Thanks
    Things of quality have no fear of time.