AIM comes thru again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evilahole, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

Got the SKS from AIM today and man, talk about exellent grade!
    Gonna take me a while to cook all the cosmo off, but it'll be a real beaut when it's done.
    100% blueing, no scratches or dings in the stock...almost pristene.
    *Sigh* Now to figure out how to justify to KL getting a $59 Mosin ...:p
  2. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

If you order from them, i imagine you have to go to your dealer and work out a deal for them to accept it then when you order you just give AIM the dealer info? But what if for instance i ordered one and my background check came up and got denied are you stuck trying to send it back to AIM or trying to get the dealer to buy it?

I REALLLY want to order 2 of them and they seem to be really nice rifles but the closest place to me (60miles) sells the "excellent" for 169 and the "very good" for 120
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  3. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

Try this sight to see where the nearest dealer may be to you:
    www.auctionarms.com/help/fflnetwork.cfm

You'll have to get a copy of the transfer agent's license and mail it to AIM before you order. When they recieve it, then you can place your order and it will be shipped to the transfer agent.
    Normal cost to transfer is usually $15 to 25 dollars.
    BTW...once your transfer agent's license is on file with AIM you can order from them at any time provided it's shipped to the same transfer agent.
    All in all, it's pretty painless and these weapons are DEFINITELY worth their cost.

As far as the background check/return policies, I'm not sure. If you have had a background check done in the past sucessfully and nothing has happened since then, there shouldn't be a problem. The background checks will vary from state to state.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

They shouldn't. All NICS checks go through the FBI. The N in NICS stands for "National". ;)

If you fail the background check for whatever reason, what happens next is up to the dealer. You should find out before ordering, whether he'll charge you for the return or if he'll just stick it on his sale rack.
  5. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

You might be right Sniper...but I was told here that the check was run thru the GBI...tho they very well could be linked up with the feds as well. You know how that "good ol' boy" club likes to hang out together.
  6. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

GBI runs it, but they're pretty good about sticking to the rules. They can't treat you any different in Georgia than you would be treated in any other state.

Georgia is, for the most part, a gun-friendly state. Admittedly, the Metro Atlanta area can be a bit draconian (DeKalb and Fulton Counties, mostly) but on the whole, not a bad state to own a gun in.

I got my CCW in DeKalb County with no problems. Saves trouble when buying new guns, as they just collect the paperwork and don't have to make the call anymore.
  7. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

get you a C&R license ,30 bucks for three years ,and have it mailed to your house
  8. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

Really!?, the guy closest to me listed on an FFl search page charged 36 bux for a transfer lol so it would be worrth it
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  9. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

yep 30 bucks

go to atf.gov ,you can call them and have them send you the ap

you can download it as well but i like the original from them
  10. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

That it is...almost no hassles and very affordable. I looked up the steps to obtain a CCW in my home state of Florida and was horrified at the trouble and expense one must go thru. It's a damn good thing that or Constitution guarentees us the right to keep and bear arms ,huh?
  11. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Florida's not so bad, Evil. I did the whole thing through the mail; never even had to set foot in the state. The cost is a little higher than some states, but it's comparable to what I had to pay here in MS, and the license is good for five years.

I do agree with you though... it's ridiculous what you have to go through to be able to exercise a Constitutional right.
  12. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

This is good advice if you're a collector. I have a C&R FFL too. It's a great tool to have, to avoid those pesky FFL fees.

But I should stress strongly that this is for collectors. For the average, casual gun buyer, it is not recommended. For starters, it only applies to C&R firearms. You are not granted any special priveleges for modern firearms.

You also have to keep a bound book for all C&R transactions, just like a dealer would. And you're subject to BATF inspections of your records.

I think it's great for people to get their C&R license if they're truly interested in collecting C&R firearms. But I try to dissuade every Tom, Dick, and Harry from getting one.