AIM PP.32!!!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

ThePitbullofLove
    (8/19/02 8:19:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AIM PP.32!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, it came today!
    I ordered a Manurhin PP in .32 acp. Cost me $219.
    Here's what I got:

Original "pigskin" box numbered to the pistol, cleaning rod, Walther PP manual in German, extra mag, test target numbered to the pistol, and a PP in better condition than I ever expected.
    The bluing is by and large outstanding. It has some wear near the right muzzle (minor) and some bluing loss on the very tip of the butt, like the cop that carried it used to rest his hand on the butt. Other than that, it's fantastic! It could stand a new red dab of paint in the safety dot, but other than that it looks almost new.
    The target is dated Dec. 17, 1976. My "youngest" C&R gun! I give this deal from AIM a strong thumbs up.
    As an aside, AIM also has Walther PP's (non-C&R, but probably the same vintage), Manurhin blued PP's (like I got; they are C&R), and Manurhin two tone PP's (C&R). I didn't know they had two-tone when I ordered, but might have to get another. Here's a link to pix:

public.fotki.com/ThePitbullofLove/gats-things_that/manurhin_pp_32/1030320_img.html

let me know what you think!
    life is the crummiest book I ever read, there isn't a hook, just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

Edited by: ThePitbullofLove at: 8/19/02 10:56:40 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/19/02 8:35:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: AIM PP.32!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Very nice PB, outstanding!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

ThePitbullofLove
    (8/19/02 9:14:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AIM PP.32!!!
    Thanks Tac.
    AIM has yet disappoint me!
    life is the crummiest book I ever read, there isn't a hook, just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

mckheean
    (8/20/02 9:15:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del PB
    Nice PB.I had to order one also.I did not know they had them until I read this post.Where did you see this,it is not on there web site or sales book. Thanks Benny in Concord NC

ThePitbullofLove
    (8/20/02 11:12:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del AIM .32 PP
    Benny,
    They have the Walther PP listed on their website, but the C&R Manurhin PP's are found only:
    1-on their green flyer
    2-on their color catalog
    3-in their SGN Ad of 8/10/02
    I saw it on their green flyer.

Slightly OT, you live in Concord, NC? Oddly enough, so do I. Where do you shoot? Maybe we can hit the range together sometime.
    later.

PS-you'll love the PP.

mckheean
    (8/20/02 12:13:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del pp
    I am getting ready to join the Rowan County Wildlife Association.They have several sheet,trap.pistol and rifle ranges from 25 to 200 yards.I used to have plenty of farms that I could shoot on but urban developlement has taken them. Later Benny

mckheean
    (8/22/02 2:33:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Manurhin PP in .32 acp
    Just received my Manurhin PP in .32 acp today from aim.The pistol looks great but it did not have a cleaning rod or test target with it also the box is different than the one you have.The DA is real smooth on this one. Benny

mckheean
    (8/22/02 3:24:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del AIM
    I just called AIM and they said they would send a test target and cleaning rod to me free of charge which they should.This is the first time I have ordered from them and will think twice before I do again because of the 25.00 shipping charge and no signature required.I found the pistol on the front porch.The total 250.95. Benny

ThePitbullofLove
    (8/23/02 12:03:25 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AIM
    $25 shipping is because it was shipped next day air.
    It's UPS's fault that it was left on your front door, not AIM's.
    UPS delivered mine and insisted on an adult signature.
    When they delivered the ammo I ordered a day after the pistol (it came UPS ground), UPS would not leave it on my doorstep, and left a tag saying they'd deliver the next day, which they did.

Your local UPS driver is the problem. Your complaint should go to UPS, not AIM IMHO.

ThePitbullofLove
    (8/23/02 12:29:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AIM
    Benny-
    From a C&R mailing list discussion about complaints on UPS's not getting a signature:

It *IS* law, not just a UPS requirement.
    > Darwin

Darwin is correct. Title 18, USC 44, 922(f)(2) (under "unlawful acts")

"It shall be unlawful for any common or contract carrier to deliver in
    interstate or foreign commerce any firearm without obtaining written
    acknowledgement of receipt from the recipient of the package or other
    container in which there is a firearm."

(Green book, page 10)

It is also covered in 27 C.F.R. 178.31(d)

(Green book, page 50)

UPS takes all complaints about a drive "dropping off" a firearm very
    seriously:

1st offence, 30-day suspention without pay
    2nd offence, immediate termination without recourse

> Since the requirement of any signature is now encoded in the tracking
    > number (no label on the box about signatures), I have no way to know if
    > the driver screwed up

Go to www.ups.com, click on the "tracking" icon and enter the tracking
    number. The tracking results will tell you if it was shipped "adult
    signature required" or not. If not, inform AIM (or whoever) that it is a
    legal requirement.

mckheean
    (8/23/02 8:22:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del pp 32
    I saw my UPS man after this post and asked him about the signature he said it was not required on this one.I have got to know him real good since I have received my C

ThePitbullofLove
    (8/24/02 6:48:53 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: pp 32
    Hmmm,
    That's odd. Mine had to be signed for.
    Not only that but when they delivered some ammo that I ordered the next day, no one was there to sign for it, so they didn't leave it. The left a note stating that since no one was there to sign for the packge, they'd try to deliver the following day.
    I've ordred a lot of stuff from AIM and I've had to sign for everything.
    Well, sorry you didn't have a great experience.

mckheean
    (8/27/02 9:27:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Walther PP's
    Well i couldn't stand it I ordered a Walther PP's in two tone finish from AIM.I called the lady and she went back and looked for one in the box with test target,cleaning rod,and spare mag in good shape.She said she would put it on her desk with my name on it.They also have the PP's without box for $199.00. I am waiting on JLD's Hartford and Sitema Colts to arrive now.Has anyone ordered these Colts from JLD? Benny