1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Aimpoint 5000 on Colt Anaconda

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

cal414
    (2/8/02 1:02:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Aimpoint 5000 on Colt Anaconda
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howdy all,
    While shooting my Colt Anaconda, I noticed the Aimpoint has a tendency to move rearward in the scope rings. Its got a B-square (stainless) mount and rings. I've been shooting 44 spl thru it, but I've also shot a few VERY hot 44 mag hunting rounds.
    Any suggestions on how to stop the aimpoint from moving rearward under recoil? it hasn't moved enough to change zero yet, but I can see the ring marks where it has moved.
    Also, anyone got any 44mag pet loads for a 6" bbl?

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 5:31:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Aimpoint 5000 on Colt Anaconda
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boy, aside from some abrasive shims, or a dap of superglue, I would not know. I have tried the superglue thing on stainless scopes and then removd then using nailpolish remover, and it had no afffect on the scope, but I have never tried it on a blued scope. Burris Posi-align rings with the plastic inserts might give it a better grip while keeping the scop in alignment and not harming the scope.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 8:06:27 pm)
    You need better scope mounts.

Fine emery paper works for a shim.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

cal414
    (2/9/02 5:22:08 pm)
    Mods, how do I delete the "HTML" post above?

cal414
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 5:40:46 pm)
    They were'nt tourqed down tight enough! Sheesh, I'm such a bonehead sometimes.