Aimpoint 5000 on Colt Anaconda

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

cal414
    (2/8/02 1:02:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Aimpoint 5000 on Colt Anaconda
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howdy all,
    While shooting my Colt Anaconda, I noticed the Aimpoint has a tendency to move rearward in the scope rings. Its got a B-square (stainless) mount and rings. I've been shooting 44 spl thru it, but I've also shot a few VERY hot 44 mag hunting rounds.
    Any suggestions on how to stop the aimpoint from moving rearward under recoil? it hasn't moved enough to change zero yet, but I can see the ring marks where it has moved.
    Also, anyone got any 44mag pet loads for a 6" bbl?

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 5:31:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Aimpoint 5000 on Colt Anaconda
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boy, aside from some abrasive shims, or a dap of superglue, I would not know. I have tried the superglue thing on stainless scopes and then removd then using nailpolish remover, and it had no afffect on the scope, but I have never tried it on a blued scope. Burris Posi-align rings with the plastic inserts might give it a better grip while keeping the scop in alignment and not harming the scope.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 8:06:27 pm)
    You need better scope mounts.

Fine emery paper works for a shim.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

cal414
    (2/9/02 5:22:08 pm)
    Mods, how do I delete the "HTML" post above?

cal414
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 5:40:46 pm)
    They were'nt tourqed down tight enough! Sheesh, I'm such a bonehead sometimes.