Aimpoint on my Neos

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by tboned, Dec 8, 2011.

1. tboned

tboned New Member

I am going to put an Aimpoint on my Beretta Neos 22 pistol, at what range should I zero it, and about how far will one shoot accurately? Any pointers would be appreciated.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i never did long range stuff with the Neos but i had hunted with a colt woodsman out to 50 meters or so and it stopped small wallabies and bunnies no worries so anywhere between 20 and 50 meters ( or yards to you folks)

my old shooting instructor stated work on a range you know ( so if you can accurately gauge 10 yards or 20 yards work off that as your zero) and gauge it from there but even at 50 yards with a 25 yard zero'ed weapon, theres very little difference that its not really noticeable
  3. tboned

tboned New Member

Thanks brother.
  4. Orin

Orin Member

Mine has a scope & I've altered the trigger. It'll punch 3/4" holes at 25 yds. easily & 11/4" at 50 if I rest it & do my thang. Likes CCI mostly.
  5. Petethefishman

Petethefishman New Member

Would any of you recommend the Neos?
  6. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

not over the Buckmark, SW 22A or ruger mark series but after that I might consider recommending one. I filed my front post sight to make it narrower so you could actually hit something smaller than a pop can at 25 feet. The front blade I found to be way to wide. Optics I am sure help this pistol out a ton.
  7. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Pete, I sure won't knock it. On of the Old Guys just bought one a few weeks ago at Gander Mtn. for I think $220. He got it because none of the other Old Guys had a Beretta. He put a Simmons red dot on it he took off his cross bow. Only been to the range one time with it. Trigger has some gritty creep but he was banging the 8" plate at 100 yards using just bulk cheap stuff. We'll see how the trigger gets with some rounds through it. He is satisfied.
  8. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

I had one and sold it, The only reason I sold it was due to the rear sight had to be adjust as far right as it would go. It almost stuck out of the grove. It was on target after the adjusting but never could get use to looking down the sight and the gun looked out line. I probably should have sent it back to Beretta, it was real good in the hand and I liked he looks, but I just sold it and bought a Mark III. Sold the Mark III for my S&W Model 41 this one I will keep.
  9. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

I bought one and the sight was bent right out of the original box. The hits were all over the target from a bench rest. Took Beretta 4 weeks to return it and it looked like they never touched it. Shot like they didn't either. Dealer took it back and I bought a Ruger MK III Stainless Hunter. Far better gun, almost twice as much but worth it, and the accuracy is phenomonal. The other issue I had with the Neos was finding a holster for it. Not the guns fault, but very difficult to find one to fit. I ended up buying a nylon hoster at Cabelas that I thing was made under the name of Bulldog. It may be that I got the lemon of the week. The gun looked and balanced well and functionaly performed OK. But the service I got was sub standard and just turned me off on the Beretta line.

Nevehome
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The one I had also had a rear sight issue, except I could not get the rear sight far enough down to hit what I was aiming at. I kept mine for a little while and finally donated it for a raffle at my Church. It did not turn me against Beretta as a whole, as Neverhome suggested, but I will never buy a rim fire from them again.
  11. Orin

Orin Member

I agree on the front sight - way too wide! Narrowed mine & added an insert on the rear so the view's still open but there are 2 lil bitty "wings" that come from the top & are open just enuff so when at full extention the 3 parts seem to merge. Very accurate sights.
    I ran into serious probs with the action & chambering. A long running prob with NEOS. The shop helped by honing down the ramp's top but I think not enuff. I'll continue shooting it though for another few hundred rounds & then decide.
    I prefer sighting in at 25yds. cuz drop changes little at 50.
  12. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

Orin, I also sight mine at 25 yrds. Mainly because my home range is set up for 25 yrds. But I also think if you sight at 25 yrds it is also on target at 75 yrds. I beleive the round is at it's apex. and still rising until approx. 50 yrds. If I am wrong someone please correct me.