Air America files for Bankruptcy AGAIN, and this time will go off air...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ponycar17, Jan 21, 2010.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I heard this headline about 3 hours ago from a local talk radio station and thought I better check it out. :D

From http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/21/AR2010012103868_pf.html

Yet another casualty of citizen backlash to Obama and the recent onslaught of liberal policies... :rolleyes:

Yes, this is good news folks! :D
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

Lets break out with the violins. Good bye.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

But but but, Mark Lloyd says we need the Fairness Doctrine back so the airwaves will be "balanced." Gee Mark, I'd think it'd be kind of hard to balance talk radio if NO ONE listens to left-wing liberal blather on the radio:rolleyes:
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Is PBS going to be next?

Ohhhhh ha ha ha wait, we PAY for that liberal rag don't we?
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Oh, but if it wasn't PUBLIC it WOULD have ALREADY been gone. :mad:

That just irritates me... destroy the free market principles in a flagrant attempt to disseminate liberal trash. :mad:
  7. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

With the History Channel, DIscovery Channel, History International, National Geographic Channel etc. there is realy no reason for PBS to continue to exist. If PBS were gone tomorrow Nicolodean or one of the other cable channels would snap up it's childrens programs, and any thing that appeals to adults is already being shown on the other channels.

In South West Ohio we have many talk radio channels. I mostly listen to conservative radio. On occasion I will listen to the angry black man channel, and when it was around Air America just to get other points of view.

Air America's host were truly awful. Franken was the worst of the worse. He was not funny when he was on Saturday Night Live, his show on Air America was impossible to listen to, and was neither informative or entertaining. I don't know how Minnisota could have elected him, the other guy must have been caught with a dead hooker or live teenage girl!
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I do. MN is a Labor Union state and Franken had a D beside his name. :mad: He got ahead in the primaries because people are frankly stupid (they're stupid everywhere, not just MN), likely did not know who he was but did remember his name from somewhere. Familiarity and 'vote for the Labor candidate' mentality put him in office. :mad:
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

"I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And gosh darnnit, people like me.":D:D:D
  10. questor

questor Member

About 'friggin' time!
  11. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Just look at it as cleaning the airwaves.
  12. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

Didn't they embezzle money from the boy scouts or girl scouts or someone? I guess they couldn't find anyone else to steal from. Perhaps they can get some bail out money or find a government tit to latch on to.

On the subject of PBS, it just burns my biscuits when they say "supported by viewers like you". Yes, I support them, at the point of a gun through the confiscation of my money through taxation.
  13. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Isn't it ironic that the conservative programing thrives while the liberal programing goes bankrupt. So does that mean the liberal supporters will be looking for an increase in their welfare benefits?
  14. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I like The Red Green Show. But that's the only thing on PBS I ever watch.
  15. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Red Green is so awsome. The king of Duct Tape.