1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

air rifle supressor

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Dr.Badwrench, Jan 11, 2005.

1. magusjinx

magusjinx New Member

Just wondering ... And someone please correct me if I am wrong ... The ownership of an assembled silencer, just as a full auto, is highly regulated BUT the possession of the unassembled parts is not ...
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Mag, If ATF wants too they can consider the parts to be Contructive Intent/Purposes.
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

Some years ago, the tube for a supressror was in the role of a 'machine gun receiver', it was the 'bad', subsequenly 'registered' part.
    Today, to my understanding, the component parts are legallly as 'bad' as the tube, and possession of either can get you a long vacation.
    Just DON'T.
  4. magusjinx

magusjinx New Member

All quite true ... The government may interpret its own rules in any way to suit the moment ... And they can change the rules and not have to tell everyone about the change ...

Tanx for the updates ...
  5. fedupdon

fedupdon New Member

had a brother that killed his self with a homemade silencer. or thats what the insurance company said while trying to prove that it couldnot have worked the local game warden told me he could arrest me for trying to prove
    that the so slincer did not work he used a 2liter coke bottle and a 303 rifle to kill his self no one in the upstairs bed room heard the shot i found it hard to belive that no one had heard the shot. i tried to see if it i could make one myself and it did not work thats how the game warden caught me
  6. zoldaman

zoldaman New Member

Gamo makes a air gun available in the US that comes with a "suppressor" built onto the end of the barrel. It is the Gamo Whisper. From what I can see, the "suppressor" is built onto the barrel and can not be taken off and then put onto a rifle. I'd think that this would be the big hangup on the ones the BATF tested. If it works on a paintball gun and can also be used on a real gun, too, it is a suppressor. If it works on a pellet rifle and there is no way to take it off and use it on a real gun, apparently, they have deemed that acceptable on the Gamo model. However, http://www.beemans.net/silencers_on_airguns.htm would seem to disagree with my logic and has BATF court cases to back it up.

zold
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008