1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Air tactics in Afghanistan...

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/8/01 12:40:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Air tactics in Afghanistan...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think we are setting them up...

Only strikes at night, didn't hear of ANY during the day, YET.

Guerrillas traditionally own the night, conventional forces rule the day...the mujahideen operated the same way as any other guerilla force against the Russians.

BUT even Guerrillas need resupply-communication-to MOVE.

We are sending them a message...WE own the night, both in the air and on the ground. They will HAVE to stay dug in, or deep in the caves all night...

And...when they have to move, and they will, especially Trash Bin, AND they see the pattern that we "do not engage during the day..." (Bin laden will say something again about us being "cowards who slink around in the night...")

...they logically will conclude they have to move/resupply/reposition during the day...and come out of their holes while the sun shines...

THEN watch the cluster bombs and napalm fly, on targets we SEE and can absolutely identify...in the open...

Just my theory, and if I read Bush/Rumsfeld/the Pentagon right....

And the message to ALL future enemies will be, "Oh yeah, we still own the DAY too...USA Armed Forces, 24/7/365"
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

Edited by: polishshooter at: 10/8/01 1:43:36 pm

polishshooter
    (10/9/01 12:23:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Air tactics in Afghanistan...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, it didn't take long...daylight raids started today, actually last night's raids just continued when the sun went up...

Can you say, "Sleep deprivation?"

LIKTOSHOOT
    (10/9/01 9:54:27 am)
    Send in the Hog drivers.......
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

polishshooter
    (10/15/01 11:12:52 am)
    Signs the airwar is working...

10-14-01 - Taliban offers to "negotiate," AGAIN. (Of course if we quit bombing...) Bush tells them to pound salt...

10-15-01 - AF announces we are dropping "leaflets." (In other words, Psyops in full gear...)

10-15-01 - Largest Daylight missions ever, 50 Navy and B-52s...Lot's of secondaries...

10-15-01 - Northern Alliance just now announced over 4000 Taliban troops have surrendered to them in past 24 hours...

They just expected a few Tomahawks or maybe a Navy Air attack, maybe a Libyan one time Heavy Boimber raid...NEVER expected a prolonged campaign...they misjudged, Bush AIN'T CLinton...

Edited by: polishshooter at: 10/15/01 12:14:56 pm

MPinkston
    (10/15/01 4:02:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Air tactics in Afghanistan....
    "Bush aint Clinton"...........truer words were never spoken!
    aguncollector@prodigy.net

LIKTOSHOOT
    (10/15/01 5:49:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Air tactics in Afghanistan....
    4,000 surrender to fight another day, after we feed them and tell them how nice we are......they will be our friends forever. Guess it`s over, shoot there ain`t more than 10,000 Taliwhackers. Better feed the 4,000`s kids too, nah! just give them red Kool-Aid and a smile................Maybe Jello, when ya gotta have sumpin and it`s gotta be a little.....hows that go????? YEEEEE!!! HAAAAAA!!!
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/15/01 10:13:22 pm)
    LTS, Where did you see that 4000 gave up?

polishshooter
    (10/15/01 11:47:22 pm)
    I heard it this morning, in an interview with a guy from the United Front (What the Northern Alliance now likes to be called, probably because Pakistan hates the "Northern Alliance...)

But after I saw that documentary "Abandon all Hope" where the freelance journalist toured Afghanistan a month or so before 9-11-01 and visited the prison where the Northern Alliance is holding Taliban prisoners, didn't LOOK like they were "coddling" them...

And considering most Taliban fighters are NOT Afghans, I don't think the Northern Alliance that ARE mostly ethnic Afghans would have any reason to welcome them with open arms.

Don't you go make the same mistake lots of other misguided people do, that ARABS are just like ASIANS just because they are both Moslem.

After all, the Catholics in Northern Ireland are Christian, just like the Anglican English, right? So they LOVE each other right?

LTS, wrong again, go stir up in GD or something, this forums is jes' fer us Intullictuals...

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 12:08:56 am)
    Just saw the 4000 report on fox news, Hope its true.

Also sawthat we have a lovely KC130 GS ripping into fwd positions at kandahar. That oughta make thier spinks pucker.

"Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valour, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar." Churchill - May 19, 1940, London.

polishshooter
    (10/16/01 12:54:09 am)
    I'm waiting for the 15000lb "Daisy Cutters" to drop from C-130s.

In Iraq, we dropped leaflets telling them EXACTLY where and when we were going to drop them the next day...

After we did it a few times, the leaflets became the most important thing an Iraqi could find, and they either ran, (usually into the sights of a 'hog or an Apache or a 16) or simply surrendered.

And the drop on time, on schedule, right where we said it would drop added credence to ALL our psyops...the saying is, leaflets and propaganda is easier when it's the TRUTH...

The first time we used it in Iraq, the Brits were heard on the radio saying "My God, the Yanks are using NUKES!"

Supposedly, every unprotected eardrum is burst within 3 miles of the blast...should be just the ticket for the caves, even if they aren't destroyed, the shock wave alone should "clean them out..."

And the leaflet drop SHOULD clear out all the non-combatants, at least those that can READ.