airplane incident

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by topper, Dec 28, 2009.

1. topper

topper New Member

I understand that the public has a right to know the news and I do watch it intently everyday, BUT there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Enough is enough. Every news channel has had this current airplane incident story on at least 4 times every morning and at least that much or more every evening and late night. How much can they say about the situation without repeating it 25 times over and over? I say enough is enough and move on to other news worthy items. Sometimes i just feel as though i do not need to know every little scrap of information that the news dredges up. If there is a lax in airport security, then fix it and quit pointing blame, and stop showing the same video over and over. Move on.
  2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Keeps peoples attention away from other important things that are happening so they play it over and over.
    Just my opinion.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

this isn't a cat stuck in a tree story it's a story of a possible terrorist attack on american soil . the public needs to know every detail they need to be aware , that you can not trust others for your own personal safety. the american public has to know what to look for and how to respond we've become once again to secure a reminder we are at war doesn't hurt
  4. topper

topper New Member

Yer right oscarmayer, I was just venting. Seems like the news is so slanted these days toward there leading stories that they forget everything else. Have nice day.
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i vented the same way and continue to vent hearing about tiger woods. but this type of stuff (airplane incident) i view as a warning to the american public to pull their heads from their asses and be alert and i dont care how many asses our president kisses there is evil people in the world that mean us death and destruction we're at war ...........
  6. Jim K

Jim K New Member

And I have just seen, for the umpteenth time, our hero, Napolitano, declaim about how the administration did everything right, thanks to the leadership of the Messiah.

Just about what would be expected from such an "expert" on terrorism and security.

(They picked the right explosive; PETN is nasty and it doesn't take much to cause a fairly large explosion. In that respect, it is sort of like primer compound but more so. Whether he had enough to down the plane, I don't know, but even a small amount would be enough to kill or injure people and blow a hole in the fuselage.)

Jim
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

They say he hid the explosive in his underwear and when he tried to set it off he got badly burned. :p Nuff said.
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I agree.

MSM is controlled by the government whether you care to admit it or not.

H1N1 is a prime example.
    then:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-08-24-swine-flu-vaccine_N.htm

now:
    http://www.examiner.com/x-32800-Ind...es-recent-influenza-related-death-information

Up to 90,000 deaths in the US alone, and we wind up with 9,500 worldwide.

Create the emergency, and when it passes uneventfuly, stick a feather in your cap and proclaim to all that the government has spared them.:rolleyes:

Never let a crisis go to waste. If you don't have one, make one up.
    Anything to cover up what's really happening.
  9. Kev117

Kev117 New Member

It's important not the let fears blow events out of proportion. All too often it seems we expend our limited resources protecting the country against what scares us rather than the actual threats.

Some facts from The Bureau of Transportation Statistics via fivethirtyeight.com

Number of domestic passenger flights within the US, and international flights whose origin or destination was within the United States, October 1999 through September 2009 inclusive.

Number of terrorist incidents on these flights in the last 10 years

one terrorist incident per 16,553,385 departures.

Number of collective miles for these departures

69,415,786,000 miles.

One terrorist incident per 11,569,297,667 mles flown.
    (This distance is equivalent to 1,459,664 trips around the diameter of the Earth, 24,218 round trips to the Moon, or two round trips to Neptune.)

Assuming an average airborne speed of 425 miles per hour, these airplanes were aloft for a total of 163,331,261 hours.

One terrorist incident per 27,221,877 hours airborne.
    (This can also be expressed as one incident per 1,134,245 days airborne, or one incident per 3,105 years airborne)

There were a total of 674 passengers, not counting crew or the terrorists themselves, on the flights on which these incidents occurred.

By contrast, there have been 7,015,630,000 passenger enplanements over the past decade.

The odds of being on given departure which is the subject of a terrorist incident have been 1 in 10,408,947 over the past decade.

By contrast, the odds of being struck by lightning in a given year are about 1 in 500,000. (Why haven't we declared a war on lighting?)

(You could board 20 flights per year and still be less likely to be the subject of an attempted terrorist attack than to be struck by lightning)

America used to be the home of the brave. Why do we allow the media and politicians scare us? Isn't that exactly what the terrorist have hoped to do? Terrorize America? Why do we vote for political parties that exaggerate these threats?

Folks, a terrorist incident on a plane is tragic, we should do everything reasonable to prevent them from happening, BUT THEY ARE THAT MUCH OF A THREAT! These terrorists aren't Lex Luthor!

How many billions of dollars more a year should we be spending to defend against something that proven to only have a 1 in 10,408,947 chance of happening?

And who's getting all that money? And to whom do they contribute?
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Just wait until cap and trade is passed, then recompute.:eek::mad:
  11. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Edit: I'll leave the bait alone.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  12. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Topper what I think that goes unnoticed the most in the news is the massive world wide sport of the terrorist.

Africa, as a whole, is now a terrorist haven.
    Africa is becoming the new drug hub. We almost caught a couple of 727's that were packed with coke, but they burned em.

As a matter of fact, if you spin the globe and look at 'that' side of the earth you will see a huge haven and ever growing home for terrorists. Europe, Russia, China, all have an ever growing terrorist problem. The Philippines have had a 'long' history of I Slamic extremists.

But the one thing that the MSM is overlooking is how the Obomba admin is looking at the terrorist as a criminal problem, not a war. They have been at war with us (publicly stated) long before 9/11. Beirut 1983 and even before that, dating back to the Barbey Wars 1801

I Slam, the religion of peace is spreading in all the parts that I mentioned above. I Slam is also spreading here in the United States, and as it does, expect more terrorist attacks here at home.
  13. Kev117

Kev117 New Member

ummm... This guys own father didn't support him.
  14. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Soooooo, what's your point?
  15. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Bite the bullet dude...:rolleyes:.... and chill out..:D

Not everybody is retired (like me),

most people get their news when and where they can.

Most news outlets (I only watch FOX) are a business,

unlike CNN, MSNBC (Left arms of the DNC) and have to keep sponcers happy.
  16. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Actually not a bad analysis, there, Kev.......if your data 'proves out'.......

Having spent a significant part of my life in/on the 'spam cans', I can attest my biggest concern was idiot co-travelers and carry-on luggage, not terrorists. The AA overrun at Kingston, Jamacia provides ample supporting evidence....

We have had effective bulk passenger screening technology on the shelf for ten years I know of. Two particularly good technologies have been shelved for political advantage and pandering to travel idiots' false modesty.....

Worse, various offices/bureaucracies charged with ensuring travel safety have demonstrated their willingness to swap 'risk for face' in the endless bureaucratic struggle. We've just seen a sterling example in conflicting statements from the Director of Homeland Security, Neapolitano.....

Thank God some passengers on Delta were not content to, 'let George do it', and took effective, timely action to possible prevent a disaster. Predictably, the FAA, DHS, FBI and any other acronymic agency have come down hard with even more restrictive 'regulations' - ON THOSE THAT DIDN'T DO IT !!

But such is life in Obama/Democratic-ruled Amerika........ >MW
  17. Kev117

Kev117 New Member

There is not massive world-wide support of terrorism. That's just spooky talk.

Most everyone, everywhere opposes terrorists. Even the a terrorists own family members. Even Saddam and the Taliban opposed terrorists. They interfere with EVERYONE'S political agenda. They are a thorn in everyone's side.

But there are some very poor, very law-less, ungovernable places in the world where terrorists flock. Because they are the only kinds of places they can survive. Hell holes.
  18. Kev117

Kev117 New Member

Crunch the numbers yourself

http://www.bts.gov/xml/air_traffic/src/index.xml#CustomizeTable

BTW, this faulty system was Bush's admin's creation, not Obama's/

Unfortunately the TSA still has no one at the helm.

"An attempt to blow up a trans-Atlantic flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas Day would be all-consuming for the administrator of the Transportation Security Administration — if there were one.

The post remains vacant because Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., has held up President Barack Obama's nominee in opposition to the prospect of TSA workers joining a labor union."

The party of "NO" places politics before America.
  19. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Well I have to say that basically you are right, but when you start taking a small percentage of billions you wind up with a huge amount of people that support other people blowing you up because you are an infidel.

As far as your spooky talk statement goes, all I have to say is that if you are unaware of the current world wide situation and choose to be that way out of ignorance that is your choice. But if you want to see how muslims and there 'faith' are screwing up the world, you'll have to do more than watch the TV news.

Terry's response was from another thread, but fits in well here.

Sorry that doesn't fly anymore. Obomba has had plenty of time to change whatever he wanted.

Don't forget ole Janet and what she said, "The system worked perfectly". But she forgot about the 'blame Bush' memo, then changed her mind.
  20. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Party of No?
    Places politics 'before' America?

You need to do some serious research.:eek: