The Firearms Forum banner

AK-47 Build need help

701 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  warriflefan 
#1 ·
Okay will try to explain as best as possible. Have gotten a Yugoslavian rapid fire milled receiver and a original barrel that was in another cut off receiver that came as a kit and the compliant parts. this is a threaded barrel and receiver. When I installed the barrel the headspace is okay although there is a couple thousandth space between the barrel and the receiver. I am looking for the correct solution for the dilemma. If I tighten the barrel down to meet the receiver the sight block and gas block are about a quarter turn from where they should be and the headspace would be over tight. I do have a mill and a lathe although if I trim off the barrel do I have to rechamber and recut the recess in the barrel at the back for the ejector relief. I have not been able to find any other post on this subject If someone could give me a solution it would make my life easier if it were a press fit I would not have any questions thanks :confused::confused::confused::confused:

#2 ·
Do you mean the trunnion is slightly bigger than the barrel or longer/shorter somehow? If the headspace is okay and it cycles fine than i'd go with it. If the trunnion is too big then you have other issues, but im pretty sure you can shim it somehow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.